Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When do you start all-day sits?

stevep

Just curious as to when everyone starts all-day sits (if you do it at all). I'm guessing it's still a week or two too early?

Thanks.

Any good day after Halloween for 2-3 weeks. When I say "good" that is mostly weather dependent. The colder the better and preferably not after a night when the moon was bright overhead.

Last edited:
Any good day after Halloween for 2-3 weeks. When I say "good" that is mostly weather dependent. The colder the better and preferably not after a night when the moon was bright overhead.

Interesting you say not after a full moon. Last year I had pretty good action during the days on the full moon. Could almost set my watch by it. Little bucks and does in the morning. About 10am the older bucks would start to move

Many say,,full moon means more deer active at night,,then rest twards morning,,old guys, up again mid morn, I have shot 5 yr olds around 9 or 10 AM,,not particularly after a full moon night though. Still like cold cloudy days and nights compared to fair mild days. First week of Nov-forecast by some, Midwest,,unfortunately warm,,,maybe fair. Cold and snow finally out west.

Right now according to the cameras I just checked. Target buck has been on a scrape 100 yards off food plot at 3PM two of last 3 days.

Interesting you say not after a full moon. Last year I had pretty good action during the days on the full moon. Could almost set my watch by it. Little bucks and does in the morning. About 10am the older bucks would start to move

I could care less about moon phase. I do care about moon rise/set times and level of cloudiness or night brightness.

I have always felt like first thing in the morning after a full moon seems slower...but midday can be better then. Bottom line...anytime in November is good.

I sat on Sunday from just before sun up to noon. Then again from 3:00 to dusk. (Ok - not an all day sit) I saw 15 deer from 8:00am to 11:00am. All were does, fawns and young bucks except at 10am the big boy almost made a mistake. He was following 2 does that came right in front of my stand but he stopped at 35yds out in the thicket. He wouldn't step out, and sniffed a bit, then turned right and slowly walked away. If only he would have been stupider, or I would have been a little less smellier. I knew I should have bought Ozonics! ;)
In the afternoon sit I only saw 1 medium buck about an hour before sundown. The morning was definitely exciting.

Top Bottom