Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When is too late!

arm

Leg
I've been struggling to get in a blend of Annual Ryegrass, Alfalfa, Crimson Clover, Forage Rape seed, Forage Oats, Turnips, and Winter Rye. Single plot is about half an acre...should be able to get to it in the next two weekends. Who thinks that is too late this year to get any growth?

Keep in mind farmers don't plant winter wheat until after beans are off. Plenty of time for your grains. Brassicas are a different story.

So you're saying yes it's too late for that blend? ha. I have not experience planting any plots and didn't plan on it this year until recently when my arm got twisted

We just planted some last weekend- if you get out asap- you have a shot. There is still warm days and lots of rain ahead. Worth a try!

You will be fine with most of everything in there. It's late for The brassicas in the mix to do much but the rest of it is fine. In future years I would urge you to follow the Doubletree mix and rotation if you have enough room. If you don't have enough room just follow the Doubletree mix. Basically you're planting something that has a variety of content that should be planted at different times. If it is light on Clover I may add some if I were you especially if you can mow it next year.

Top Bottom