Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When was this fawn born/conceived

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
By far the latest I've seen one like this. I'm no expert but this has to be from even later than on of those December or January does being bred doesn't it? Going to be a rough winter for it I have a feeling
846353718d723a2679c352017ec104a6.jpg
6e6d2536b1332bd7fb645d0774572e29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Holy cow. Well…. I kinda loosely recall fawns looking like that in maybe early august???? Let’s say even “august 15” if I was guessing when fawns had that look last. So that’s 2.5 months late. Say Nov 15 was normal conception. That would mean February 1 would be 2.5 months later in made up example. I’ve seen bucks that late still going after does so I spose this happens “reasonably often”. Man that’s late!!!!!!

Predators aside, what are the odds it survives the weather? At that size, is it capable of withstanding the cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had one like that last year that came out of the corn we were combining. Was small enough it sprawled out in the stalks to hide instead of running for cover. This was a long ways from any timber. I assumed the doe got bred really late because she lived so far from other deer.

Last edited:
Similar to one I seen in 2011. Doe got killed and I found the little bugger curled up dead 3 weeks later in mid-October. Sad but it happens.

I had a doe with twins in spots weekend after Thanksgiving a few years ago. Never saw them again after real cold and snow came.

I watched a buck breed a doe mid April years ago in Elk Rock park. We were trail riding the horses and keeping tabs on a unique buck.

With an easy winter like last year yearling does will come into heat way later than most people think

58696b1ce44b4354d29096ca3071d5d6.jpg

A little behind other fawns I’m getting on cam, but not as young as yours.

Top Bottom