Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where are the bucks?

S

Slim

Is anyone seeing many bucks out? As many bucks as I saw before the season started I figured for sure I would have seen a few by now. What's the word out there.

Slim

Good question slim, i had a small 4 pointer come under me opening that i let walk, and i seen another small nontypical from the road the same morning.But thats it.I think the amount of corn still in and the weather changing every 10 minutes has things kinda screwed up around here.

i seen 2 bucks tonight a lil 4 pointer for the first deer seen in this bowseason and a nice 9 pointer, but if i seen a nontypical i dont care if its only a 6 pointer i'm throwing an arrow at it I LOVE NON-TYPICAL antlers they are the neetest thing ever

Bowhuntingfool, youd a loved this one then, he didnt have a very tall rack but it looked like he had a ball on top of his head, he was really neat looking.We did stop the car and I let my brother try to sneak down the driveway on him but he didnt stick around long after we stopped.Im keepin an eye out for him though, Id shoot him in a heartbeat
wink.gif

Ihave been seeing a lot f small bucks, and a few nice ones, but no real monsters. I guess the rut will bring them out for us.
SD Buck

The ones I'm seeing are mainly on food patterns which makes things difficult because I'm seeing lots of acorns. Right now there are a lot less deer in the open because they are in the woods eating a major acorn crop. If you have white oaks look there because that is the first choice. They already have all the white oak acorns cleaned up where I'm at and have moved on to other members of the white oak group. Also the damp air and shifty winds the last couple days have made thinks challenging.

I was seconds away from a trip to the taxidermist this morning. If it wasn't for them !#@$%^# does I would still be staring at a 165" 10 pt. only he would be in the back of my truck. I got busted drawing my bow back. I actually witnessed a buck fight this morning and a little bit of chasing. Good Luck to everybody out there this season!!!

Here in Nebraska, our season starts Sept 15, and buck hunting is always good for the first two weeks, then tapers off until late Oct.
I believe some of it has to do with food sources maturing, and changing, as well as pressure. My personal favorite for this time of the year is an alfalfa field that has had 4 cuttings and is coming back. If the deer aren’t pressured and the field is isolated from casual observers etc. If you play the wind, and keep disturbance and residual scent down you should keep seeing your deer for a while.

On Sat. Night I saw around 20 deer. At least 5 were bucks. The rest were does with twin fawns. I have no corn or beans around me. I have my stand in a area that is dropping acorns like mad. The deer are eating them but not as much as the alfala. The does were out feeding around 5 pm and the bucks did not show up until right at dark. Your best bet is to find where they are entering a field like this and go into the timber about 50-75 yards and set-up shop. Just becarefull not to get to close to their beding areas.

thats pretty much my cuzin and i are all seing are lil bucks lil forks and basketracks but my cuzin did see a nice 150 class waiting by the truck sat. night when he got back from his stand he said it was at least 150 and the body was HUGE!!! good luck to everyone this season and if you get one, LET US KNOW!!!

Kokomo Joe, you better call and fill me in on your hunt! Your getting a little unsociable since hunting season rolled around.

Sorry to here you got busted by the girls.

CH

Top Bottom