Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where are the deer?

Youngbuck1030

Bowhunter
I don't know why but I saw a lot of deer before the season but now they all have gone nocturnal. Why and what can I do? Thanks

I don't know why but I saw a lot of deer before the season but now they all have gone nocturnal. Why and what can I do? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Had deer on my cam everyday until about 2 weeks ago. Now i may get a pic every couple days.

We shot a doe opening day and now we haven't seen any deer for the last week. Had a doe and one small buck spot me in my stand now it seems the same thing has happened to me. They all moved to running at night.

Had 5 does and 6 fawns around me tonight. Trust me this isn't a great farm either so I was shocked that I saw that many.

I was wondering the same thing. Had deer on my cam everyday until about 2 weeks ago. Now i may get a pic every couple days.

Good acorn crop perhaps, or change in food source?

Tons of acorns in my area which limits deer movements as they don't have to travel far to fill their belly.

dont wait till november....the above is the worst advice ive ever heard! get out when you have the chance. anything can happen. i had a big buck within shooting range twice yesterday... no shot ops offered tho. one was as 32 yards, the other was 8' below me literally watching him through my platform of my stand, waiting for him to take two steps.. the reality of it was i was seconds away from being tagged out... TWICE on October 12th.. had the events occured that i needed to happen. ha! stay at home until november my ass lol

sunday morning i saw 4 bucks and 5 does

sunday evening, 5 bucks and 7 does

Get out of the big timber, stay away from the standing corn fields, and work small timber, creek bottoms, and other known deer areas

I love overcast days, fronts rolling in. Yesterday at 5 pm I had two bucks sparring behind me about 70 yards out, really tore it up for 5 minutes. Then one came in 30 yards broadside, mouth open, tongue hanging out. Huge body but his rack saved him from an arrow. You never know when something is going to show up.

I passed on a buck at first light yesterday because I wasn't sure which one he was and I didn't want to shoot the wrong buck- there was plenty of movement. Didn't make it out in the afternoon because I was too busy cheering on a bears victory. Get out there, be smart about it- enjoy the outdoors!

Thanks guys I saw 2 bucks and 2 does opening morning but nothing else since, while I was hunting of course. See plenty of deer while driving or when I can't hunt

I scared up 3 does yesterday and then passed on a doe at 15 yards. Only other thing I saw was another doe at 200 yards. That was my first day out however. Hoping this rain stops

Thanks guys I saw 2 bucks and 2 does opening morning but nothing else since, while I was hunting of course. See plenty of deer while driving or when I can't hunt

In the area you hunt? If so, could be timing issue. If not, guess you could have something else going on like a change in patterns for various reasons (food source, fall range vs. summer range, hunting pressure, dreaded trespassers, etc.).

I had deer in a small plot every morning and every night the week before opening of season. Opening week, 2 does and that was it. I have a bad dealing for this year.

On Saturday I hunted only about 3 hours in the evening. Saw one small buck within range. Got back to the cabin and my wife tells me that she saw eight deer while mushroom hunting and had a small buck (but larger than the one I saw) 20 yards from the cabin munching on mushrooms. Go figure...

Top Bottom