Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where can I learn how Iowa License fees spent ?

IaCraig

I am not complaining about how much licenses cost, I love to hunt and fish and would pay even more to keep the privledge. However I was cleaning out my wallet and I added up my receipts for hunting and fishing and I think my Iowa state resident fees came to $169. That was more than I even expected, and I know non-residents pay much more, so it got me to wondering a couple things:

1) How much money do Sportsmen/women pay to hunt/fish Iowa each year? (broken down into categories by year for resident/non-resident and deer, turkey etc, taxes on guns & ammo too)
2) Where is the money spent? How much for administration expenses, Land aquisition, Game Wardens salaries, bioligist salaries, research, planting food plots, remodelling Terrace Hill etc?

IaCraig

License fees have been going up all over the country....I believe it was Utah that raised theirs by hundreds of dollars for non-resident tags. It backfired on them and the hunters went elsewhere, their DNR had to lay off quite a large number of employees and game officers as a result. I think Iowa has stepped in it big time by raising the non-resident fees for next year, ticked off the state of Missouri and now they are considering blasting Iowa non-resident hunters in the billfold to hunt their state. I filled out a questionaire from them earlier this year prompted by what the Iowa DNR did with those fees.

We have family that will no longer come back to Iowa to hunt because of next years fees...so much for quality time, family get togethers, and building memories....the state just ended that for many. It now has taken family traditions and sold them to the highest bidder. Now we may have to pay similar fees to hunt in Missouri thanks to the Iowa DNR.

While I'm on a tear, are you aware that a percentage of money from Pittman Robertson that comes into Iowa each year is suppose to go for the developement of shooting ranges?....anyone aware of any new ranges in recent years?

Top Bottom