Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where to buy a 3pt tiller?

Gladiator

PMA Member
Anyone have any advice on where to buy a good used 3pt tiller? We just started a couple small plots and thought it would be good to purchase our own instead of borrowing...

Since I doubt you will be using it for a couple of months yet. :D I would watch craiglist...I am pretty sure there will be a few of them between now and when you need it.

IMHO: Buy new instead of getting someone else's problem. Fleet farm is where I bought mine. They matched Rural King's price & I could pick it up 10 miles away instead of paying shipping.

Tractor house will have a bunch but they are spread all over. See a few on craigslist depending on size. I wouldn't worry so much about used, lots of people buy them, don't really use or need them then sell them when they sit around. Just check the teeth and see how worn they are. Most of the ones I have seen are priced high enough new would make as much sense. Also if the PTO guard is gone check it out real good.

Agree on buying new...as an ag tech if someone is getting rid of a tiller it's probably on its last leg...you don't want to have to spend a pile on all the repairs when you could've just bought new...where are you located?

We got a 48" King Kutter from the local farm store and it has served us very well. These things require a lot of grease. If you buy used, take a good look at the grease fittings to be sure it has been maintained. Personally, I'd go new.

If you are looking exclusively for a new tiller, then I can't offer any first hand experience...yet. Since I just bought my first tiller this fall and haven't used it yet. I think I will be happy with it though, if it performs like it's "sister" implement that I have...a brush mower Both are heavier duty Bush Hog models and I have been very happy with the sturdiness of the mower.

I bought both new at Iowa Farm Equipment on I80 near Tipton.

Agree on buying new...as an ag tech if someone is getting rid of a tiller it's probably on its last leg...you don't want to have to spend a pile on all the repairs when you could've just bought new...where are you located?

Mount Vernon

Top Bottom