Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where to go.?.?

I'm fairly new to bow hunting (2nd year) I live in Carroll county and I was wondering if anyone knows where to bag a big buck in this area? (within an hour or so drive) bow hunting tips and tricks would also be much appreciated!

Go to the public river accesses along the Racoon River. Also there is a large public timber east of Dedham. Google earth can show you plenty then just start knocking on doors. It will take some work but I would bet you'll work out some good hunting near by.

When you are new at bowhunting, I wouldn't spend too much effort trying to bag a big buck. Just enjoy the learning process and set your sights a little lower for the first couple years. Get a couple deer on the ground before you really concentrate on trying to get a mature buck. Just my opinion. GOod luck.

It isn't as easy as it looks on Television. Shooting a mature buck is very difficult. Good luck. It is a steep learning process.

If you don't have a plat book, you can get one at your local courthouse for Carrol county. Then you can drive and scout and know who owns what so that you know who to ask permission. A friendly bowhunter can gain access to alot of ground if you just ask. Practice, Practice, Practice. Wouldn't hurt to practice from elevated spot.

This is my second year in the bow world myself and the best thing I could say is learn a lot from all the guys on here and practice. Being comfortable and confident with shooting your bow is huge. Play the wind, be patient, and learn something new every day in the woods. It's definitely the biggest learning curve of hunting I have found yet, but that also makes it the most rewarding when you put a deer on the ground. Good luck!

Get in the City hunts! Ya can shoot alot does.....earn a buck tag! And pretend your a REAL BIG BUCK HUNTER!! :way: Gimmee a break!!!!!!!!!!

That would be nice to hunt swan lake but sadly there is no hunting there and no public land right near it. I have seen a massive 10 pointer there..man I want him!

What do you consider a big buck?There are alot of guys on here that like to help other hunters out.But when you are asking them where you can bag a big buck i dont know how much help you will get.

Top Bottom