Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where to hunt in the wind?

The best part. NE corner. I'm in a pinch point between a dammed up creek and a cut bean field. Downwind of a bedding area and a bunch of crp.

Let's hear more opinions, you more experienced guys should share some of that knowledge!!! Let the information flow :)

Bucks will be cruising both times I stayed in because I thought it was too windy I had shooters on cam under my stand in daylight

Just got back from the stand which is located on along some fence lines next to crp. Deer moved until 7:30 then it was like a switch went off and no movement after that. Saw 7 does and 3 bucks along with 1 coyote.

I sat way down in the timber, down wind of a big bedding area, and had pretty good movement. 4 bucks with one being a 155" or so.

Went out and did some scouting/stalking today with the wind, jumped an 8 pt n doe bedded down, other than that didnt see any other movementr

Climbed down to thaw out and grab some quick grub. Got back in around noon. Now I'm sitting just inside the timber close to a bedding area near where the last big field of standing corn got finished last night around midnight. Seen 8 does that look lost and 3 bucks giving them hell.

Today was awesome...wind didn't even matter. I debated on not going to this location because the wind was so strong, and I'm wide open on one side, but the direction was perfect. Had four bucks after a doe, watched a real nice 8 fight them all away and tend to her. He mounted her once. I let a pretty decent 8 walk away, and had many other bucks all over. I hope tomorrow is the same way, and that 8 is still around...cuz I will let him have one.

Bucks will be cruising both times I stayed in because I thought it was too windy I had shooters on cam under my stand in daylight

Yep! Got a target buck on cam on 11/2 following a doe and her fawns when it was "too windy". On the bright side, I probably wouldn't have been in that stand because I was there the day before...but would I have been somewhere close where he would have walked by? Who knows. Same buck on cam last year when it was going to be "too windy" so I went to work!

Went out and did some scouting/stalking today with the wind, jumped an 8 pt n doe bedded down, other than that didnt see any other movementr

Did the same thing 11/2 this year! Decent 10 point, no bow. Wasn't really expecting to see anything or be able to get a shot with the bow while riding the 4 wheeler to check cameras. Thought it would be better to bump anything with it instead of by walking thru. On the bright side, may have seen him chasing a doe morning of 11/7 in the same area.

Top Bottom