Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where would you go?

Iowa1

Okay guys I'm looking for some input. I have freed up the first week in November this year for a spur of the moment trohy hunt with a bow (would go with rifle or gun too, but prefer bow.) I can travel and don't have many thousands to spend but I do not have time to scout so I need an outfitter and I can afford a reasonable one or maybe a little more if it is worth it for a true shot at a trophy. I'm looking for a place I have a legitimate shot at looking over a 150 or so. I know I can buy a tag over the counter in MO or NE, but not sure about Illinois.

If it was you, where would you go? Give me some detailed input since I have only a week or so to set this up.

Iowa1, I live in Illinois and I have a little info for you. The DNR website says to access Non-Resident tags you need to call 1-888-673-7648. It is on a "First come, First serve" basis though. More info at that phone number or DNR site at http://dnr.state.il.us Then click on the Hunting link at the right side of the page. Good luck where-ever you decide to go!!!!! ILdeerslayer
26404-archer[1].gif

With such a short time frame, I would look right here in IA for an outfitter. There is a guy here in Oskaloosa (Kent Ostrem 641-673-5501) that has an outfitters service. He also makes Mahaska bows. Which are beutiful bows. If he cant help you he may know someone that can.

Just trying to help!

Boat

Thanks Boatman but I didn't draw an Iowa tag. After 30 years of bowhunting in Iowa while living there I sure don't need an outfitter there. Plus I hooked up with a couple guys on this site in a trade for a deer hunt in exchange for a bear hunt. Hopefully draw a tag next year. Leaning towards northern Missouri. Surprising no one has any advice on an outfitter good or bad.

Top Bottom