Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which Arrows do you shoot?

Greekhawk

While talking to my cousin this weekend I got to thinking about the arrows I shoot, and what other people shoot and why they shoot them. I could rely on the so called scientific evidence that is in the adds but I'm more of a realist and I like what is used/proven by everyday hunters like myself.

With that being said what do you shoot and why? Also vane preference is there a specific reason.

Ill start it off I shoot Red Head Carbon Fury sporting the blazer vanes. I have shot both the 4" vanes and the blazers as far as I can tell they shoot the same. I actually started using the Blazers due to not paying attention and grabbing the wrong box.

currently shoot axis carbon nanos. i like the small diameter shafts. fletched with 3" fusions, with as much helical and ofset as possible

I shoot gold tip expedition or XTs but I really have no preference. My local supplier only had two brands and they were cheaper than the other so I went with them. As long as it is spined right and the right length, any arrow out there will zip right through a deer and shoot well.

I shoot Easton AXIS FMJ. Its heavier than most arrows on the market. I dont claim to be an archery expert, but heres my theory. Todays bows put up blistering arrow speeds. I choose to shoot a heavier arrow (for hunting) that carries more momentum in exchange for a little speed to help penetrate better. I double lunged a big bodied deer this year. The arrow severed a rib and only punctured thru one side of the second lung and he went 70 yds befor piling up. I dont know if it made a difference or not, but im convinced that had I been throwing a lighter arrow, only one lung would have been pierced, and we all know that a deer can run a LONG way on one balloon.....just my $.02. Let me know if im thinking in the right direction.

I shoot the Carbon Impact Hunter XLT shafts with Blazer vanes. I was shooting Easton Axis Epic, but I had problems with getting them to fly consistent even though spined correctly. Just decided to make the switch..very happy I did. Love the Carbon Impact!

Axis with shrink fletch wanes. For deer. For their great penetration.

Victory with four four inch feathers for bullheads for turkey.

Last edited:
I shoot the Red Head Carbon Fury with the Blazer vanes and they seem to fly just fine. Through and though on the deer this year at 30 yds. My first year so I haven't tried anything else but so far those work great for me.

I shoot the Easton ST Epic N-fused with 2" blazers and love their performance. I got them 3 years ago (ST Epic before the N-fused) because my local archery shop said they were a great arrow for the price and I wasn't looking to go all out at that time since I was relatively new to archery. My original ST Epics had the 4" vanes and groupings improved tremendously when I switched over to blazers. I haven't tried any others simply because if it isn't broke, I'm not about to monkey with it.

DoneRight said:
I shoot Carbon Express Maxima 350's with blazers. I've found they are the best arrow for me.

I too think they are the best when pushing a rage Broadhead through a deer with a Mathews Switchback XT strung with a 18 strand X Cell bow string slamming
Conan

I shoot the Easton Axis with pre-fleched blazer wraps.:way: The Axis arrows have worked great for me for several years now.

Top Bottom