Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which mower

hillrunner

PMA Member
I have 50 acres of new crp acres to maintain this year. I tried using my 3 pt mounted disc mower but its impossible to keep it at a consistent height while the tractor rocks back and forth . I noticed a bush hog 2512 for sale near by. Its a 12' rotary mower. It looks like it would be much simpler to maintain a consistent height with. Are these a decent mower or known for problems? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

I bought a used 2512 three years ago and have been very happy with it. I just use it for mowing grass and crp acres. If I was going to mow heavy brush I would want a heavy duty one but this is fine for my application. So far no problems with it.

Check gear box oil levels and looks of upkeep. I have a cx-15 but for mowing crp is more than needed. But- I like having more than needed vs less. IMO - rhino makes best rotary mowers I've run for quality (over my Deere) but if u buy a well cared for quality unit- I'm sure tons of options. I've never run brush hog but i sure don't recall hearing any negatives. I'd Google that mower + "reviews". I'm sure be good if reviews are good and upkeep on it has been good (which sometimes any bat wings are not taken care of and abused to piss- so just look close).

Last edited:
Top Bottom