Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which muzzleloader scope?

Im a big leupold guy , but when I was putting my gun together they didn't offer anything like that in that price range. Don't know about other Burris scopes but Im impressed with c4 plus , only complaint it didn't come with scope cover like leupold's do.

Yeah I know the Leupold VX-3 is a very proven scope, and I dont mind spending the extra money if I know its going to be $250+ better, but I definitely don't want to spend unnecessary money if I don't have to and get get a great quality scope for cheaper. I'm also not spending $1,000+ on a Zeiss, Swaro, VX-6, etc.. I just don't shoot enough to justify something like that.

I want a scope I know isn't going to drift at all, and my POI isn't going to change at all when I turn the power up like I worry about with some of the cheaper scopes.

And while we're on the subject, which mounts/rings does everyone suggest? Is there a big difference between $20 mounts and $50+?

The Leupold VX-2 is a decent compromise. I have them on a few guns and can't see much difference between them & the VX-3s that I have on some others. You can get the Custom Dial System on the 2 also. I put a 4-12X with CDS on my smokeless build. Only shot it to 350 yards so far but dead on there. As far as rings & mounts, the "rail" style is very solid but my personal preference is the Leupold "Dual Dovetail" system. On a black powder gun, the Leupold Quick Release mounts make removal for cleaning easy and have demonstrated very good return to zero when remounted.

I have a Nikon and my dad runs a leupold. I do like my Nikon and have no reason to change but I do like the leupold a shade better.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom