Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which Safety Vest?

Buzz

I'm tired of fiddling with straps and thread-through buckles in the dark at the base of my tree for 5 minutes. Which vest do y'all prefer for bowhunting?

I and my son both use the Hunter Safety vests, and they work great for us. I think you'll find that a number of people on this site use them as well. Don't get the Pro model - the one that has mesh on the outside. It's a bark snagger, and kinda noisy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I and my son both use the Hunter Safety vests, and they work great for us. I think you'll find that a number of people on this site use them as well. Don't get the Pro model - the one that has mesh on the outside. It's a bark snagger, and kinda noisy. </div></div>

I agree.

I would also take a look at the Loggy Bayou and the Muddy Outdoors harness'. I just don't think I could wear a full vest. Both of these are easy to get into. But are also very lightweight.

I have the Loggy Bayou, it's a pretty decent harness. It even has the ability to be used as a lineman's belt.

If I'm just hunting the Lone Wolf harness is pretty decent. Very lightweight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would also take a look at the Loggy Bayou and the Muddy Outdoors harness' </div></div>

Thanks for more info. I looked at the Loggy harness, and may give it a try. Any negatives on the buckles, fit, or speed/ease of set up?

I've got the pro hunter safey system and it works like a champ. It takes about 30 seconds to put on and you don't know its there, plus on those early season hunts it seems much cooler than the others. I haven't had any problems with noise with it.

What I dont like about any of them is they don't give you much room to roam once you are hooked to the tree. I need to figure out how to make the lanyards longer so I can shoot all the way around the tree. It seems like I have no problem shooting back and to the left, but have a hard time shooting back and to the right.

I picked up a loggy bayou yesterday at Sheels they are on sale for $50 normaly $80 looked like a good deal. I was wanting one anyway. Looks like a nice harness easy to put on and seems comfortable.

i was skeptical about the full vest from Hunters Saftey System, but after i used it, i loved it! very much worth the extra coin!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was skeptical about the full vest from Hunters Saftey System, but after i used it, i loved it! very much worth the extra coin!!! </div></div>

My wife and I both use the Hunters Safety system and we swear by it.

Your life is worth the investment!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loggy Bayou .</div></div>

Great harness!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Full Quiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loggy Bayou .</div></div>

Great harness! </div></div>

+1

arrow.gif

I have been hunting several years now with the Hunter Safety System vests. I have both the mess pro vest and the reversible model. I use the HSS Linesman belt when ascending and descending a tree. From experience I know that HSS Customer Service is excellent! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

arrow.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

Being they are a sponsor..I think a couple of us need to check out the Muddy Outdoors harness. Looks similar to the Loggy harnes

They are almost exact as the Loggy Bayou. I'm not sure if there was a patent buy out or what, but the Muddy harnesses were replicas from what I saw at the classic.

Top Bottom