Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which State will be the 1st to move it's gun season out???

If I moved to IA, I'd skip the main gun seasons all together. Sounds like a war zone up there when I'm hunting my place late season. Not sure how they blaze 20-30 rounds and then 30 seconds to a minute later 20-30 more rounds? Does not sound too safe to me, nor do I like deer drives to try and take mature bucks. Not very productive as a whole IMO.

Why gun hunt when you get all those good days to bowhunt? Late muzzy is where I would be gun hunting anyways.

I'm with you. I bow and late muzzy hunt. I just find it humorous that the guy I mentioned can't look past the two seasons he doesn't agree with (shotgun 1 and 2) and hunt another season as an Iowa resident.

The 500,000 gun hunters will always pull the most weight in MO, least from a hunters stand point.

The resentment from moving the rifle season is basically a fight between bow and rifle hunters in MO. Rifle hunters beef is that bow hunters want ALL the good days to themselves.

Bow hunters would like to hunt without the guns being present right in the heart of the rut. The high pressure in a lot of areas screw up the hunting for a while after rifle ends. Then it never really ends since does season starts right after regular firearms and then ML is 11 days long starting December 21st this year. All three seasons are 11 days long.

Some hunters are die hards, some just hunt to fill tags and have some fun. Its a conflict of interest between the two that will not easily be resolved...most likely never be resolved in all the states people hunt whitetails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom