Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which week in Nov. was best ????

N

Nick Habes

I have hunted in Iowa three times, my best luck was 14th - 20 th. I found the big bucks no where to be found and the buck sign cold the second week, only little guys walking around. I am wondering if this is a consistant trend. This year I found thr rut was late in NY and Ohio. How about Iowa??

i find that the best time to hunt is between the 10th to the 20th i seen alot of big bucks chaseing does on those days this year i always take my vacation on those days

I'm from Indiana and this year was my 3rd hunting southern Iowa. I am always told Nov. 3-10th is best, even by the area CO's. However, next time you can be sure I'll be there later. There are always plenty of dinks early, but I've observed more P&Y quality bucks 8th-18th. That's the ticket.

For me it was the first two weeks, after that things somewhat died off. Part of it might have been the weather. If I remember right, it warmed up a little after the second week.
CRITRGITR

Well, today and yesterday there were bucks chasing does everywhere. We nailed a few bucks and does while they were doing that. Otherwise I would have to say the second week in November, the big 190" i have been seeing was chasing does everywhere, but not past my stand, it sucked. Oh well, always late season

In my opinion the best buck activity that I saw was November 12-15.Give or take a few days but I feel the first two weeks of November are always good.Is the month of November ever bad?

Top Bottom