Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

while mushroom hunting

Sticks

PMA Member
went out to easter lake this wknd looking for some of the las muchrooms i will probably find.
found a couple pounds of them,

Image Hosting

but while i was walking i seen something under the brush and i couldnt figure out what is was and when i got a closer look this is what i found

he had to be under ten pounds

Image Hosting

couple other pics of the little fella

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

Last edited:
your right its not a good idea. but i didnt touch him, although it does look like it. my hand is there only too show the size of him.

animal rescue people have told me that it's a myth that if you touch a fawn that the mama won't come back. still not a good idea.

Cool pics.

I stumbled onto a little guy also Friday night. I could see mom in the brush not too far away watching. Saturday I was standing in a large flat with brush all around. I caught movement and here comes a wobbly legged fawn walking right up to me. He got to my boot, quickly turned around and walked away. Didn't see mom around but I'm sure she was close by. About the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

Nice pictures. A couple of years ago I was required to cut hundreds of cedar trees out of my CRP ground. Some of them were pretty good size and as I cut one down with a chain saw, when it fell a fawn that had stayed quite finally jumped up and ran after the tree wasn't covering it any more. I never would have believed that I couldn't have seen it laying there and that and that even with the saw running a couple of feet from it , it never moved until the tree fell!

found these 2 pope and young contenders turkey huntin' may 8th.
05_08_09_fawn1.jpg

05_08_09_fawn2.jpg

Top Bottom