Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

whisker biscuit

PointBlank

I am considering putting a whisker biscuit rest on my bow, but wanted to get a little feedback from others who have used them. From what I have heard, it is basicaly a love or hate type thing.

I also was thinking of putting a whisker biscuit on my bow and i did a little asking around. The people i talked to loved it during the warm, dry weather. They were all pretty questionable as to using it during snowy, or wet weather. Claiming it made noise when drawing back. Most had personal experiences with it screwing up their hunt during wet or snowy days. This was about 8-10 months ago so i don't know if they have fixed that or not.

i have a whisker bisket on my bow and i like it. it does make a little noise when you pull back though

there is a spray you can use to make them weather proof. the new biscuit has softer bristles, making it quieter, and easier on fletchings. i would still be using mine, if the bow i bought hadn't come with a drop away. it is a totally fool proof rest. nerves, shakes...nothing can make the arrow fall off the rest

i have last years model in the classifieds if you guys are interested

Teeroy, I have last years model also. Do you know if the new disc can be interchanged with the older style of disc(bristles) or do you have to get a whole new rest?

Yes they are interchangable. Think they were around the $20 mark or so.

I am extremely happy with my bisquit and used in all types of weather without any problems. It is pretty much idiot proof!! The new ones are even nicer. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to anyone, but as with everything else, try others and decide for yourself!!

I'm your "fair weather shooter". I'll shoot anything that makes me a better shooter than I really am. This is one of them.
blush.gif
I'm too shakey for most other rests.

Hard to get any of these rests to hold a .30-30 round steady in the breech though!
grin.gif
2guns.gif
jester.gif
sniper.gif
threaddevil.gif
waytogo.gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

copy that. Now everyone can see what kind of a bully you are
grin.gif
Keep up the good work.
angel.gif

I too am looking to change my rest for either a Whisker Biscuit or the Bodoodle with the same concept of holding the arrow in place. I hate knocking my arrow off my two prong rest. I need all the help I can get and I am curious about the Whisker Biscuit as well. Sounds like a great rest from what I have read.

Top Bottom