Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whitakers Taxidermy????

gansomn

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Rick. I have tried to call him around 10 or more times over the last couple weeks and have got nothing. No answering machine, nothing. Would appreciate any info from someone if he is still around, if not who else does as good a job. I have had Joe meader and he does an awesome job just want to try someone else. Rick did a deer for me last year, just cant get in touch. Thanks guys, Pat

Rick Adams is in a different category. Nice guy.

Rick Wittaker told me personally that he would only be taking in 30-35 deer this year. Maybe he reached that number already

Ironwood, maybe thats it, it would be nice if he had an answering machine stating it.

Rick Adams is an ok taxidermist but not what I am looking for, thanks anyway.

I know Whitaker helped with the Albia buck but wasnt it done by another guy for the real mount. Thanks for the help

I have had 6 whitetails done by Marlin Hoch. He does great work and the turn around time is fantastic. I have also seen many heads done by Dan Adamson from the Creston area. His work is phenomenal as well but you will wait a bit longer to get your head back than Hoch. I took my buck this year to Joe Meder...all I have to say is WOW, very nice guy and very professional, and his work is top notch. He costs a bit more but I feel like the price is worth it. I'll make sure to post pics when I get my mount back, he said it would be around Feb-March.

If you'd like any pictures of work that I've gotten done by Marlin Hoch then just let me know, I'd send you a few. He's also in the same area as Rick (marion county).

I have had 6 whitetails done by Marlin Hoch. He does great work and the turn around time is fantastic.

I'll second that...amazing work. People can't believe the quality of the mount he did. I always get people asking that. AND, it was done in 2 1/2 weeks..... :way:

I'll second that...amazing work. People can't believe the quality of the mount he did. I always get people asking that. AND, it was done in 2 1/2 weeks..... :way:

I remember seeing your deer in his shop when I took mine in. Beautiful would be an understatement for that mount. The short cape on that thing was unreal. The quickest I've had one done by Marlin was right at 3 weeks from the time I took it in to when I carried it out of his shop.

Brad Coulson Taxidermy

(515) 289-2789
1517 NE 70th Ave
Ankeny,IA50021

He is one of the best in Iowa. Although he takes a little while and you pay for it, I have never seen a bad mount come out of his shop.

I'm kind of shocked to never hear anyone talking about Chris Hoskin's out of Luther, Iowa. Guy does some awesome deer heads in my opinion, takes a little on the long side to get back but he takes on a ton of heads. His price is farely reasonable as well, think its 425 for his shoulder mounts which isnt to high price and for a college kid its nice to only have to put down 100.00 and be able to save here and there to get it paid for. Took him right around 8 months to get back which isnt super rediculous for the amount of head he does, not to mention if you shoot a monster for the classic he's been pretty good at least for guys i know at getting them done sooner.

Can't beat Meder for quality and turnaround time. I heard of a new taxidermist in Coralville too. A little pricey and he won't mount the buck if Ozonics was used.

Brad Coulson Taxidermy

(515) 289-2789
1517 NE 70th Ave
Ankeny,IA50021

He is one of the best in Iowa. Although he takes a little while and you pay for it, I have never seen a bad mount come out of his shop.
Brad is the only one I ever used, but have never found a reason to look at anyone else. He also took the time to give me an estimate for my insurance company when I lost all my mounts in a fire several years back on what replacement cost to recreate those mounts. Great guy. I would stop by and look at what he has in his show room, plus what he is working on in his shop. He does great work! He also did most of the mounts in the Scheels store in WDM, and tanned the cape for the Albia Buck.

On a seperate note I would love to see those re-created mounts! I've always wondered how accurate somebody could rebuild a deer based off pictures. A new thread with pics of your mounts and the new mounts Brad did would be awesome

Rick Stevens out of Ottumwa mounted the Lovstuen buck. He does quality work along with Hoch, Whitaker and Coulson. A guy out of the Lynnville area is starting to impress me more and more. Believe his name Scott Rolffs. Never seen any of Meder's work, but hear nothing but good things....

On a seperate note I would love to see those re-created mounts! I've always wondered how accurate somebody could rebuild a deer based off pictures. A new thread with pics of your mounts and the new mounts Brad did would be awesome
I did not have them re-created. Just wasn't going to be the same. I did not even have pictures, because they were lost in the fire and the ones I had stored on the computer we lost also.:(

Another guy would be Durk Sterner out of Lone Tree, Iowa. Just south of Iowa City about 15 minutes or so. I've taken 5 heads to him and have been floored at the quality for the price. I think he's $435 now. If you'd like any pictures I have a ton and he's also on Facebook.

I'm kind of shocked to never hear anyone talking about Chris Hoskin's out of Luther, Iowa. Guy does some awesome deer heads in my opinion, takes a little on the long side to get back but he takes on a ton of heads. His price is farely reasonable as well, think its 425 for his shoulder mounts which isnt to high price and for a college kid its nice to only have to put down 100.00 and be able to save here and there to get it paid for. Took him right around 8 months to get back which isnt super rediculous for the amount of head he does, not to mention if you shoot a monster for the classic he's been pretty good at least for guys i know at getting them done sooner.

Turn around is the biggest problem there. He will get ripped up if you ask for comments. Also a nice guy.

Rick Stevens out of Ottumwa mounted the Lovstuen buck. He does quality work along with Hoch, Whitaker and Coulson. A guy out of the Lynnville area is starting to impress me more and more. Believe his name Scott Rolffs. Never seen any of Meder's work, but hear nothing but good things....

It says on Rick Whitaker's website that he mounted the Lovstuen buck not Stevens.

Top Bottom