Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

White Pine Help

benelli90

benelli90
I have approximately 45 - 60-70 foot white pines that I cut down this spring and now I have an additional 85 white pines that were snapped off by the tornado last week. The ones I cut down have been limbed and are just the trunks. The ones from the tornado were not twisted but snapped off anywhere from 6' to 20' from ground surface.

Does anyone know if anybody is looking for pine to cut down for lumber or any company that would be able to use them for pallet wood. I just don't know what to do with all of them.

Or if you have any good ideas on how to dispose of them, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Blaine

I would think someone in your area would be interested, any Amish near you? Otherwise, Craiglist add?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just got a name to contact, I believe it is a person connected with the Amish. Thanks again.

Any other suggestions?

That's a bummer. White pines are cool trees, just sucks how brittle they are. My parents had a huge grove of them and between a tornado about 20 years ago and a nasty wind storm probably 5 years ago, a good majority of them are now gone. I know my dad took a bunch of them to a sawmill and had them just rough cut a bunch of 2x's. Over the years he's been able to use them up on various projects. Not sure if you're the builder type or not, but having a bunch of rough sawn 1x's or 2x's just for personal use is a good way to use up some of them. I'd also second the craiglist idea.

Top Bottom