Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

White turkey

deadeye

Not a good pic at all, but you can hopefully make it out. I believe it is a hen with a white patch on its back.

1263whiteturkey3-med.JPG

And another.

1263whiteturkey2-med.JPG

i'll verify it, i was sitting right below him in the tree when they ran by. this is also in a totally diferent area from where i've been seeing 2 other white turkeys. hopefully tomorrow morning i'll be standing over one of them, after a month of nothing i finally have seen the white hen again, tomorrow, if things go to plan, the 4 year quest will be over.

most people just ask me if i smoke crack in the treestand when i tell them about the white turkey shredder...you're giving me some credit!!

i think around my area they were some escapees that have continued to thrive. one things for certain, they're 10x more wary and spooky than a normal adult hen. been the most frustrating animal to hunt i've ever encountered.
waytogo.gif

River bottoms. Not sure about this one. It has quite a bit of brown on it too. I have seen it once and dad saw it twice. First one I have ever seen down in that area. Haven't heard of any either.

Around the area where Muddy hunts there have been a couple different ones. I remember a really smoke grey turkey probably 6 years ago. Never have seen them very close. Hopefully I can catch him shooting it on film on Monday.

i saw those pics in the photo gallery 150class!! good ones!! the birds that i'm on have much more white in them than that, hoping to introduce them to 3 1/2 inches of #6 shot this evening.
evil.gif

Those look like Bourban Reds. Red body, white wing tips and tail. I've got a few just like that running around by my barn. Do you suppose those are farm escapees or just a natural color phase of wild birds that's been bred for during domestication?

Well, along with the white deer running around my neighnorhood, there is also a white turkey.But I think this one is opposite of what that picture.This one is mainly white with the rest the tan color.I think I recorded it this year.I will dig and see if I can find the footage.Are these protected like the white deer??

Top Bottom