Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whitetail Institute Power Plant

Keef

I planted about 2 1/2 acres in this stuff and am very disappointed. The only thing that came up was the milo. The few other plants that came up were eaten by deer before they had a chance to grow very much.

From now on I'll be using Welter's or one of the other seed companies. I'm thinking RR soybeans, is 2 1/2 acres enough to insure it won't be wiped out in a day or two? The deer population in my area is pretty strong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking RR soybeans, is 2 1/2 acres enough to insure it won't be wiped out in a day or two? The deer population in my area is pretty strong.
</div></div>

I have planted 6 acres and they wipe it out so it really depends. It might be iffy unless there is lots of other soys right close by.

Plant thick (I plant at 220,000 per acre!!) and you might make it work.

I use different plots planted to pure alfalfa, clover, brassicas and fall grains like rye and oats (not mixed...all seperate) to get around the high deer densities.

They sure do love soys and they are a great draw...if you can grow them.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom