Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whitetail / Pheasant Plot

shadowpeople

Hello

First time ever in this particular forum. I have about a 20 acre CRP / Wetland patch that I would like to put in a couple food plots for whitetails and pheasants. It is completely surrounded by row crops in a low lying area mostly taken over by narrow leaf cattails except a couple elevated plateaus where wildflowers and ragweed grow. This is where I would like to plant my food plots as the cattails do not grow there.

I am considering corn and beans as I have plenty of that available to plant and also Sorghum. This was just burned last weekend and I am free to do with it as I choose. Are these the best forage for the wildlife or are there better options? Equipment is not an issue as I have access to anything I could need (drill, row planters, spray booms, tractors, etc...).

Hello

First time ever in this particular forum. I have about a 20 acre CRP / Wetland patch that I would like to put in a couple food plots for whitetails and pheasants. It is completely surrounded by row crops in a low lying area mostly taken over by narrow leaf cattails except a couple elevated plateaus where wildflowers and ragweed grow. This is where I would like to plant my food plots as the cattails do not grow there.

I am considering corn and beans as I have plenty of that available to plant and also Sorghum. This was just burned last weekend and I am free to do with it as I choose. Are these the best forage for the wildlife or are there better options? Equipment is not an issue as I have access to anything I could need (drill, row planters, spray booms, tractors, etc...).

I would use some sorghum mixes rather then soybeans, planted next to the corn.

Check out what Pheasants Forever has to offer! You may even get seed free if you join but check with them as they have some awesome seed mixes! :)

Top Bottom