Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whitetail Properties / Gabe Adair's Baby-8?

MO-APE

SPOILER ALERT

Did you guys watch this? WOW, what a pig. Heart breaking for Gabe to miss vitals by less than 3/4"...thank God a solid neighbor tagged him as opposed to a meth head poacher!

I never would have guessed that wasn't a fatal shot. My thought is that his broadhead malfunctioned. You don't notice an exit hole and the after trail cam pictures do not show a typical rage wound.

I never would have guessed that wasn't a fatal shot. My thought is that his broadhead malfunctioned. You don't notice an exit hole and the after trail cam pictures do not show a typical rage wound.
Isn't the typical rage wound a deer that's still alive?

he does not shoot rage broadheads...but he does shoot a 2 blade rocket....i can tell you that his broadhead fuctioned properly but when it deployed it was in the vertical postion, had it been in the horizontal position it would have clipped the lower end of the heart...i just got a pic of the head mount yesterday and man it truly is an incredible animal

Not a fan of the Rocket broadheads. The old system was good, but the meat seekers not so good, in my opinion. Lost one I should have never lost. All had to do with how the blades open.

Incredible animal and story and I agree that most times...that would be a fatal shot. Glad they were able to close the book on him tho! Would have been tough if they never were to have found him!

Holy WoW!!!! What a wild looking buck! Shot looked pretty good, like he said it may have been a bit low or maybe a bit back for that low, but goes to show you ever know. Glad the story had a happy ending though. Rather see the buck taken by a hunter than lay unrecovered or something.

I also liked the honesty when he talked about getting the call and how his range of emotions went. Glad to hear him be real about the crappy feeling but also show genuine happiness for the neighbor. I have been there before (missed a 4.5yr old back in 2011 and the neighbor took him a month and a half later) and it does sting for sure. Just like him though, once the initial "the chase is over, I blew my chance" feeling went away it was time to share in the neighbors excitement.

Also, when the buck was ripping up that bush all I could thing about was Steve Martin in "The Jerk" saying "he hates these cans, he really hates these cans!!" That buck just shredded that bush.

Top Bottom