Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who Has the Gobbler Itch Already!?!?!

Team Haastyle

Host of Haastyle Hunting
I know I have the itch to get out into the spring woods for a big ol' thunder chicken. Already started practicing with my calls and dusted off the decoys. How about all of you?

I do. This new farm I'm hunting is loaded with them. They actually ruined a few hunts this fall when 50-60 would come through the field and in to the woods actually spooking the deer. They did it to my boy and he has sworn revenge!

Once again, I didn't have enough bonus points to get my Gould's tag in AZ, but I got talked into picking up a left-over tag for the late season (opens May 4) up on the North Kaibab, which is loaded with Merriams. I've only ever driven through there on my way to meetings, but a couple of colleagues and friends know where to find the turkeys and avoid other hunters! And I'm working on the details for a trip to South Texas to (hopefully) finally connect on a Rio or 2. My friend down there told me yesterday that he saw 10-12 BIG toms on his ranch the other day. Yeah, I'm getting excited!

Amen to that !!! I can't wait for season to open. If anyone is interested I have some of the best turkey ground in Missouri. Along with huge birds in every camera. The lease is 500 per man. 100 a day guide fee gobble gobble. ;)

I'm going to give it a shot for the first time this year. I'm going to go back and watch the Whitetail's Inc episode on Turkey hunting again so I know how to properly call them in.

this warmer weather has me goin' nuts.... I love hear'n those turks gobbling their faces off.... I have had the urge to go make a few dusting bowls and strut around the driveway some... :D

Have two pictures of a nice tom strutting around 8 hens on trail cam last week...unbelievable. Cant wait for spring.

Yep, pumped about it. Saw several turkeys while hunting in Iowa on my new farm, so at least one will have to DIE!

My area in MN is loaded as well, and we had 58 degrees (all time record for Jan. 5th) yesterday with no snow, so this spring the birds will be fat and probably "worked up" should be a great hunt for me and the 4 boys.

Every day on the drive home in the morning there are two toms strutting in the same spot. Drives me nuts.

Sent using IW app

Count me in! I have been counting down the days until March 25 (Nebraska archery opener) for a while. Have vacation planned for Neb & Ks. Plus, a custom-made slate call as a Christmas present didn't help. It'll be here before you know it.

I have had the urge to go make a few dusting bowls and strut around the driveway some... :D

I am surprised that no one has touched on this Tommy. :rolleyes:

Still a ways off but I will slowly get more excited as time goes on.

Still a little bit of deer hunting to do.

I am glad they moved the youth season up a week so they now have

two weekends instead of the 3 or four days they did have. :way:

Last edited:
I am glad they moved the youth season up a week so they now have

two weekends instead of the 3 or four days they did have. :way:

Me too! it kind of surprised me.It went from 3 days to 9 days.way better chance to get the kids out.

jclaws said:
Me too! it kind of surprised me.It went from 3 days to 9 days.way better chance to get the kids out.

Me to. But still think it should last the entire season also tho.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I've been practicing shooting out of my Double Bull for the last couple of weeks. I tuned my bow to shoot Bullheads last weekend. I was getting the itch super bad until this snow storm blew in last night. Now I'm getting the itch to shoot some yotes.

Top Bottom