Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who is goin after em!

Limb Chicken

Who is going after the Fall Limb Chickens? I see this year you are allowed to get a gun/bow and archery only! It is about time now hopefully that will carry over to the spring.

If you are going do you guys take hens or toms?

Lets wake this area up! Sound off! You in this fall or not?!
evil.gif

I never really cared much for the Fall Limb Chicken hunting. The spring woods and lots of gobbling activity is what turns me on.

I do get a bow tag in case a nice gobbler gets a little too close to the bow stand.

Many of the groups that drive deer in the area all get together to drive the turkeys too. Not for me, too many in-flight cripples as far as the stories go. But, they sure seem to have fun at it. I'm not here to knock anyone's style of hunting.

Purchased both the Archery only and Gun/bow tags last fall. Will do it again this year. Use the gun/bow for early season and then the bow only for Jan hunting. Haven't connected in Jan but its great to sit in a blind freezing over a small heater and see what deer are left for next year. Scouted a new area last Jan and have the stand set for the rut this year.

I'll get a tag in case one comes by while bowhunting deer. The last one I shot in the fall was at 35 yards. The funny part was that there was a 2 1/2 year old 8 pt feeding at 20 yards between me and the turkey. He never heard the shot but kept looking at the turkey trying to figure out why it was doing all that flopping around.

I'll probably take either a hen or gobbler since there are plenty of turkey in the area I hunt.

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

i might end up getting a bird tag, not sure of it though right now.

pharmer, i don't think there's enough turkey sign down there to justify a turkey hunt.
icon_rolleyes[1].gif

I will get a tag, there are always turkeys around where I hunt in the fall. The turkeys where I hunt are so loud in the mornings, there is usually a flock of about 20 to 30 roosted about 75 yards away they are a blast to watch when there are no deer!!!

i'll be going this fall. i get 2 tags, i just like hunting them birds.no hens
rambo.gif

I'm getting a combo tag and will try it with a bow first. Went to southern Iowa to set up a couple of deer stands on Sunday and have never seen so much turkey scratching. And deep scratching!!! Feathers everywhere and quite a few j-turds. Got the blood pumping1

Threebeards

Top Bottom