Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who is slinging some steel this weekend?

Skully

PMA Member
As if hunting the rut doesn't take enough of my time, my two sons are chomping at the bit to get going on our annual trap line. They will be live- trapping the creeks for coons and my goal is to dirt-hole some yotes and the holy grail would be to snag the big tom bobcat I have been getting trail cam pics of. Good luck to everyone taking the time to carry on a dying tradition and to help keep the fur bearer numbers in check. :way:

If I can get a buck down first. Had a big tom go by me Monday morning at 25 yards. Would like him to try that Saturday morning.

Im definatly gona hit the waters with some 110s! Got a small pond holding alot of rats, Just been waiting for this weekend. Havent decided If i want to try and get some yotes or not, havent really got into the yotes, and dont know alot on catchin em.

I'll be laying some. Would love to stick a bruiser Saturday morning to dedicate my november to trapping, but I will find time either way.

Ha! No joke, I was out on the shop cleaning traps an hour ago and I too had the very same thought...who else is going to be slinging steel this weekend. I want to catch a bobcat this year and I saw one live last weekend, so hopefully it is still in the neighborhood.

Otherwise, we will knock out a few coons and possums at least.

My vacation starts tomorrow. I'll pre-stake 100 trap coon line and will be setting up a pond that's over run with rats. Have another fella that is paying me 100.00 per beaver I take out of his creek. Going to be busy in the next 2 weeks. Hunt all day. Run traps at night. Duel tags on each trap as I have a highschool kid to run them If I whack a big buck to say I'm excited would be a little off. Couple weeks on coon. Get rid of the problem beaver. After shotgun season and freeze up I'll be after yotes and mink. Late muzzy season
Yotes and mink excite me more than the upcoming rut.

Rich77 said:
My vacation starts tomorrow. I'll pre-stake 100 trap coon line and will be setting up a pond that's over run with rats. Have another fella that is paying me 100.00 per beaver I take out of his creek. Going to be busy in the next 2 weeks. Hunt all day. Run traps at night. Duel tags on each trap as I have a highschool kid to run them If I whack a big buck to say I'm excited would be a little off. Couple weeks on coon. Get rid of the problem beaver. After shotgun season and freeze up I'll be after yotes and mink. Late muzzy season
Yotes and mink excite me more than the upcoming rut.

Imo beaver are the most fun to try and catch. Finding a Dam is so exciting

Another post, but Whats your guys most affective way on Gettin yotes? I would like to use snares because i got a good amount.

I've probably snared more that what I have caught at a dirthole or post set, but I prefer to catch them with a foothold. Step down dirthole. Trench set. Those are 2 sets that you you should know and practice if you want to put a bracelet around a Yotes paw.

Scent post is an excellent set for coyotes as well.

I'll be out for sure. Got everything ready (about a month ago), just waiting till saturday.

man i wish i still had the time to trap, i just cant fit it in with my 3 kids and wife and hunting. but if someone was going to pay me $100/ beaver i bet i could make a little time!

Top Bottom