Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who uses motion with their Strutters?

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I made up a pretty basic motion stake for my strutter a couple years ago it worked fine, not the most practical but it worked and I definitely think motion helps. I bought an Avian X lifeline 360 stake the other day seems to be exactly what I wanted to make but wasn't smart enough to do. I know some guys use the remote control 360. I was just curious who uses motion and the results you've seen vs. not having motion.

I think that motion is the key to using a strutting decoy. If they are on the way i won't move him. But if they lock up a little i will start moving him and that seems to get them to come on in!

Definitely use movement. I have a pair of old fishing reels that I attach to the head and tail of my PB to give him a little motion. It has been critical in a few hunts!

THANK YOU BLASTER AND MUDDY!
:grin:
:D
:moon:

Last edited:
I have in the past. I even had a pretty boy rigged on a "track" with high quality skateboard trucks and bearings and he would travel 4', stop, turn, and strut 4' again. I have also just done some simple setups with just turns. They would work now and then, but seemed more of a pain to drag out or set up. I may have to set up the dsd on my skateboard setup again for kicks.

I have in the past. I even had a pretty boy rigged on a "track" with high quality skateboard trucks and bearings and he would travel 4', stop, turn, and strut 4' again. I have also just done some simple setups with just turns. They would work now and then, but seemed more of a pain to drag out or set up. I may have to set up the dsd on my skateboard setup again for kicks.

Can't believe I never thought of that before!

4125-tumblr_kxp0r0jc9s1qaexg6o1_400.jpg

Is it legal to....use a remote contol car frame attached to a decoy?????

I've thought about doing this before. I've got a remote controlled truck that goes pretty well over rough terrain.

Would the noise from the car spook the birds? :confused:

I've thought about doing this before. I've got a remote controlled truck that goes pretty well over rough terrain.

Would the noise from the car spook the birds? :confused:

They sell a remote controlled strutter. It's called strutting 360. I have one and it works pretty good. It just doesn't work great in high winds.

I use the strutting 360 and now have the Zink 360 to use on my feeder hen. I tripled my succes when using a strutter combined with the 360. I have had birds leave a group of a dozen hens to come over and kick his butt that were over 300 yards away and walking away. Too long of a story to type but motion is the key to success many times. You really don't even need to call. Set up in a field, they show up, start moving the dekes and here they come.

I use the strutting 360 and now have the Zink 360 to use on my feeder hen. I tripled my succes when using a strutter combined with the 360. I have had birds leave a group of a dozen hens to come over and kick his butt that were over 300 yards away and walking away. Too long of a story to type but motion is the key to success many times. You really don't even need to call. Set up in a field, they show up, start moving the dekes and here they come.

This has been my experience as well. Once I started using motion with my strutter decoy my success rate went way up. I'm pulling birds from across fields. That's fun to watch for sure.

Top Bottom