Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whole Venison Jerky Marinade

socker1485

I have some whole muscle venison thawing out and was wondering what everyones favorite marinade is. I just got a slicer for christmas this year so this will be my first attempt and whole muscle jerky. Thanks in advance!

Agree with Hi Mountain being the best. Find their Cracked Pepper 'n Garlic. Best I've had of theirs. If you like spicy, their Inferno is crazy. I've mixed a third of that seasoning into others, and it's still spicy.

Agree with Hi Mountain being the best. Find their Cracked Pepper 'n Garlic. Best I've had of theirs. If you like spicy, their Inferno is crazy. I've mixed a third of that seasoning into others, and it's still spicy.

I agree with Hi Mtn. Just did a batch of Cracker Pepper & Garlic, took some to work and got rave reviews.

I got a Hi Mtn sampler kit for Christmas 2013 and a Hi Mtn Hickory kit Christmas 2014. Somebody is dropping subtle hints. ;)

I dry it hanging by toothpicks in my Brinkman smoker (electric element) with either hickory or apple wood to add a nice smoke to it.

1/2 cup woresch. sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 bottle liquid smoke
1 fistfull of brown sugar
hot sauce/red pepper flake
onion powder, garlic powder
LOWEREYS seasoned PEPPER

1/2 cup woresch. sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 bottle liquid smoke
1 fistfull of brown sugar
hot sauce/red pepper flake
onion powder, garlic powder
LOWEREYS seasoned PEPPER

Pretty darn close to what I do.
Add a 1/4 cup red cooking wine to the mix and see what you think.

Top Bottom