Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who's Going Out.....

NebraskaWhitetail

.....for fall turkey season this year?

I'll be making one trip to central Nebraska Oct. 14-17 to try to get one. Fall season is always a little more challenging. Ambush or run and gun have been the most effective tactics for me in the fall.

Good luck on the fall turkeys Matt. I get a couple of fall/bow tags every year just to make sure they don't terrorize me too bad while in the tree stand. Last year I even got lucky and bagged a couple gobblers..... who knows maybe I will stick a couple more this year.

I always get a landowners fall turkey tag. I never go looking for them in the fall but if one comes by while I'm deer hunting, I want to be ready!
grin.gif

I'll get a few tags and make some hunts just for them. It's always nice to wrap your tag around a tom.....but revenge on some old hens sounds good as well.

[ QUOTE ]
....but revenge on some old hens sounds good as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Payback on all of those old gals who busted ya during spring season, eh?! I like it!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I will have a fall turkey tag in my pocket again this year. And I guarantee I will not be a choosy as I was last year about the bird I want to harvest. I had a nice tom at 7-8 yards last year, he had no idea I was there. I passed on him waiting to harvest a bird with a larger beard…………NOT AGAIN.

Best of luck to ya, Ron! Turkeys are just starting to show up around here so I'm hoping that in a few years I can hunt both deer and turkeys close to town. As it is now, I have to drive about 3 1/2 hours west to get to where the turkeys are really thick.

When CamoKid and I hunted tonight, I spotted several turkerys in a clearing about 100 yards away. 3 were adult hens, and 5 or 6 of them were very young birds. They must have been from a very late hatch, because they didn't have their final feathers. They were about the size of a banty rooster. Kinda surprised to see such small birds this time of year.

[ QUOTE ]
When CamoKid and I hunted tonight, I spotted several turkerys in a clearing about 100 yards away. 3 were adult hens, and 5 or 6 of them were very young birds. They must have been from a very late hatch, because they didn't have their final feathers. They were about the size of a banty rooster. Kinda surprised to see such small birds this time of year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yum... put the smack down on one of those young ones, GOOD EATS!

smile.gif
I can believe that, but quite a few years ago I popped a VERY young hen the first week of fall season. Best turkey I've ever eaten.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom