Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whose going to use a bow this spring?

Bowhunt

I used the bow last spring and it was a learning and very frustrating experiences. I am thinking about doing it again this spring anyone else going to do so??

Bowhunt,
I don't know if I will ever go back to a shotgun... I am having a blast huntin with my bow! Will be going to Nebraska as much as I can get out in Iowa this year.
waytogo.gif

BOW....definitely. A double bull blind + a bow = dead turkey. You can't go wrong that way! Good luck!

I used to always get a gun/bow combo tag and try for a couple of days with the bow, get frustrated, grab the Benelli 3.5" and smack a turkey. Lots of turkeys around and not too hard to accomplish. Wasn't much fun anymore.

Then last spring I purchased two bow only tags (one was a landowner tag) and proceeded to harvest two mature toms with my bow. WOW! How exciting! I now have a new-found respect for turkeys and turkey hunting and probably won't pick up a gun to turkey hunt in Iowa for many years (unless I decide to try muzzleloader - haven't harvested a bird with a smokepole yet.)

Give bowhunting that wiley old longbeard a chance, I think you'll be glad you did.

It took me 3 years to take a gobbler with my bow. Every spring I would hunt the early season with a shotgun and then try it with my bow. I had shot opps every year but managed to wiff shots more out of "Bird Fever" than anything. After taking one with a bow there is no going back. I hope to add a Double Bull to the setup this year which should help a bunch with mobility.

Good Luck!

Bow rules... Shotgun doesn't get used anymore. A double bull is a great investment to your turkey hunting success.

This is going to be my second year with a bow and the double bull blind. Don't think I'll ever go back to the gun. Hunting all 4 seasons was great, even though I never connected it was my best season ever.
yay.gif

mole

This will be my first year NOT using a bow in several years I have decided to try a muzzleloader this year. I bought a shoot gun muzzleloader and can not wait to try it!! I like to move on turkeys and it's too hard to do that with a bow.

I will not be purchasing a gun tag this year.

Hope they have the Double Bulls on special at the classic this year. It has been on my list long enough.

You can't go wrong with a double bull blind. They are worth every penny. I bought mine two years ago and use it all year long. I take my kids deer and turkey hunting, we take treats and some coloring books and have a blast.
The only draw back happens when you leave them out in the ice storm, broke the hubs, but DB had new ones sent to me free of charge in three days. Great customer service.

mole

Going to try with the bow for the first time this year. I've decided that the shotgun is too easy. Got a DB blind a few weeks ago. I've been seeing lots of birds lately...can't wait for warm weather!
cool.gif

This will be my second year going after turkeys with my bow. I am busting at the seams with anticipation already. Definately an exciting way to hunt!
peace.gif

Top Bottom