Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WI Outfitter BUSTED!

OLETOM

Not sure what this guys clients were thinking...Attached is an article on the outfitter and charges, as well as his web site. 100% Fair Chase, Ya Right!

Enjoy,

http://www.wisconsinoutdoornews.com/articles/2005/11/29//news/news1.txt

http://www.performancebowhunting.com/blueriver/

mad.gif
Put the A&*Ho^& away for good. This person give the sport of hunting a bad rap.

That is unbeliveable!! Hope they all go away for a long time and they should sell his "lodge and property to pay for the fines"

I am glad that the wardens caught them - good work!
Now I hope the legal system puts a world of hurt on them.

Wow! That's a huge bust! What were these morons thinking??? Obviously they weren't. Put em away for a long time.

wow is right, he`s probably gonna be watchin his own tail in prison, he better hope bubba doesn`t know when the rut is !
mad.gif

You know what really sucks is the guy probably could have had a damn good business or did before he did this. It would be a good chance for someone to buy it all cheap at an auction.
grin.gif
It is really nice up around there.

Too bad for them!!! Both that they are in serious trouble and that they loose their "trophy's"!
shocked.gif
They deserve it though. It just makes me sick. The hunting community does not need people like that.
rambo.gif
biggun.gif

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Doesn't suprise me. I've said for a long time that "paid hunting" will lead to the end of our great sport. It seems like when someone shells out $2000-$5000 for a hunt and flies clear across the country they want to take something big back home even if they have to bend, brake, or ignore the laws. I know not all of these clients will....But what does this tell you when 48 supposed hunters participated in these activities and not ONE said this isn't right I am going to turn these guys in? It took a local citizen to make the tip which started the whole investigation. On a similar subject, I posted a reply on iowadeer several months ago when an Outfitter's in southern Iowa had two out of stater's hunting with antlerless tags which shot two big bucks (one was like 180"). Once the hunter's shot their bucks they drove to Missouri and bought an over the counter buck tags to put on their Iowa bucks!!! The guys charged said that the outfitter told them not to worry about not drawing an Iowa buck tag because they could get an antlerless tag and if they got a buck he could get them a tag. Then a year or two after this happened American Hunter television show had a whole show (just this fall) about a couple of iowadeer regulars hunting with this outfitter. Why would American Hunter do this with hundreds of reputable outfitters out there that they could highlight.
confused.gif
The shows participant's talked up this guy and his operation. I didn't know about the poaching case until the show had come out and one of the other posts about the show on iowadeer had a link to the Iowa DNR's press release concerning the whole incident. After reading the DNR press release I posted my reply stating how this kinda stuff puts a bad light on our sport and how this guy shouldn't even be in business anymore. Well lets just say I couldn't believe how many of the iowadeer (regulars) stuck up for this guy. Saying he was a great guy! And that he never got charged for anything and that he (the outfitter) has paid his dues. Replies (from this outfitters friends) told everyone to just drop the subject. Made me sick to think that this many people (other hunters
confused.gif
)would defend him on this subject. It also makes me sad that our sport is coming to where you have to pay to hunt (lease, buy, pay trespass fees or an outfitter, ect) and that it is more about bagging a monster buck than about the hunt. Don't get me wrong, I trophy hunt and have taken some really nice deer but I will never pay some outfitter to put one in front of me! I would rather shoot a 120" on public ground than pay some outfitter to shoot a 200". If a person wants to or has to pay for the opportunity to take a nice deer than at least find a do it yourself outfitter where you do your own scouting, hang your own stands, and get the full HUNTING experience. Nothing will make you more proud of your trophy (reguardless of the bucks score) than if you do it all yourself. Anyway, I sure hope they make examples of these guys! Not with jail time. I would fine them so much that these (pay to hunt guys) or (buy a trophy guys...as I like to call them) will be paying for those deer and turkey for the next 10 years.

I remember exactly what you are talking about. There were lots of guys over there that adamantly stuck up for that outfitter. Made me sick to my stomach.

Hunting clubs are another thing I am starting to see in my area. I went to one of my stands this fall and the land I was hunting had brand new posted signs. The signs were for "Whitetail Fantasies". I went ahead and hunted the stand and saw a truck come check out my truck and drive up and down the road a few times. The very next morning I was headed to a different stand about 5 miles away and a saw a spotlight up ahead of me. So i gunned it and caught up to them, got their license plate # and called the tips line. As I was making the call they just pulled over to let me around them. When I got up next to them I noticed it was the same truck I saw checking out my truck the previous night! I rolled down my window and told them to leave the spotlights at home.

One of my Buddies saw the same signs on the land he hunts about 20 miles away. He spoke with one of these guys and he told him to get his stands out of their land lease. They also said he better not get too comfortible anywhere because they had money and were going to lease every bit of ground they can get their hands on.

This isn't good. I also did a little research and this guy is a member here.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=9577&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Most of these guys need to walk into the wood and loose themselves. What use to be a good past time is turning into a rich man's sport. Like everything else in this country they are running out the little man. But the little man doesn't have to pay a guy in order to kill something big.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember exactly what you are talking about. There were lots of guys over there that adamantly stuck up for that outfitter. Made me sick to my stomach.

Hunting clubs are another thing I am starting to see in my area. I went to one of my stands this fall and the land I was hunting had brand new posted signs. The signs were for "Whitetail Fantasies". I went ahead and hunted the stand and saw a truck come check out my truck and drive up and down the road a few times. The very next morning I was headed to a different stand about 5 miles away and a saw a spotlight up ahead of me. So i gunned it and caught up to them, got their license plate # and called the tips line. As I was making the call they just pulled over to let me around them. When I got up next to them I noticed it was the same truck I saw checking out my truck the previous night! I rolled down my window and told them to leave the spotlights at home.

One of my Buddies saw the same signs on the land he hunts about 20 miles away. He spoke with one of these guys and he told him to get his stands out of their land lease. They also said he better not get too comfortible anywhere because they had money and were going to lease every bit of ground they can get their hands on.

This isn't good. I also did a little research and this guy is a member here.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=9577&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ] Man maybe we better keep quiet about where we even live around here.
frown.gif

Top Bottom