Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wife Hammered a Tom

JOSHBRNDT

Saturday Morning we headed out. As I shut the truck door at 4:58 am I hear a gobble followed by another one. She's dinking around trying to get all her stuff on and I'm say lets go they are gobbling. Well we get all set up and we may have gotten a little to close to them as they didn't gobble in the tree but I could hear the drumming. 2 toms flew down within 45 yards but couldn't see them as they were over the hill. Well they gobbled and gobbled but moved off. So we relocated as a couple birds to the north wouldn't shut up. We were almost to the spot I wanted to set up and I broke out the ole box call. I got one to go but it was around 500 yds away. We had to be in West Des Moines by 11:30 for the daughter's soccer game. It was 7:20 and I said if you want to kill a bird we are going to have to move fast. This bird was actually on the farthest SW part of the property. So we started the trek. About half way their he gobbled again and had made some ground up. So I said let's hit the call and see what we can hear. He sounded right up. But so did 2 other ones and they were close. We set up the dekes and made a few call. By 7:35 it was all over. 2 came in and only one left. I've never seen a turkey get dumped the way this one did. No flopping or anything. Just piled up. Needless to say we made the soccer game on time with an excited wifey. My daughter only scored 5 goals so dad was pretty excited as well. It was a great day.
http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=14236

Top Bottom