Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wife has terrible muzzleloader season!!

T

thehuntingcouple

It started last Weds. We went out to hunt and I sat in a stand above her hoping to video tape her hunt. It was raining so I couldn't video but about 6:10 we saw a 150 class 10 pointer. He came into the bean field we were sitting on and fed to about 70 yards. My wife has killed 4 bucks previously with our Knight disc rifle, but nothing in this class. To make a long story short she missed him.

Friday night we were back at it this time hunting out of my double bull blind. We had seen nothing but 6 nice Toms walk about five yards in front of the blind. It was getting late and my wife was ready to leave, so I unzipped the door and peaked out, I couldn't see anything so I stepped on out, when I looked down the fence row I saw a dandy buck feeding away about 50 yards away. My wife was closing up the windows on the blind when I stuck my head back in and told her to take the window down and shoot the buck. She had already stood up in the blind and when she tried to get the buck in the scope she had to squat down. After she took the shot I heard her moaning in the blind and knew right away what had happened, the scope had hit her in the face. She had to get 23 stitches above her right eye and to add insult to injury she missed this buck also. She is now going to concentrate on her bow, (as soon as both of her black eyes heal) I told her that the recoil is much more tolerable. She is more pissed off about missing the deer than she is about her stitches......what a woman!!!!

Top Bottom