Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Will YOU post your buck on this site?

This site is my favorite out there, and even though it's probably true that it is now something less than it once was, it's still the best available for guys and gals who enjoy the outdoors and want to share stories, ideas, etc.

So here's my take. I believe that the reason this site is a favorite of many, including me, is because members have been willing to share their stories and pics and others respond in a positive and encouraging way. So yeah, whenever someone in my family is fortunate enough to harvest a deer, we usually post it. Ours have never been the biggest out there, and likely never will be, but the stories are ones that I think many members can relate to, so I put them up. I agree that there may be a small percentage of replies that are negative, but it is truly small on this site in comparison to others out there. So keep it up Iowawhitetail members...this is by far the best thing going out there for those of us who enjoy this sport but are not into the internet drama of so many other sites :way:

NWBuck

Awesome Post! Well said! :way:

I haven't posted a harvest the past couple years due to trying to hold out for mature buck. I've come close mutlpile times, just haven't been able to put it together yet. I'm about ready to just drill the next 2.5 year old that comes by though, its been to long. I miss reading a lot of the posts/photos from a lot of the members I use to see on here when I first joined, the site is not quite what it use to be, but still my favorite.

I'll post mine. I burn most of my hunting vacation time elk hunting so checking in here helps ease my pain. I like seeing everyone else's so if I get one I'll share.

I hope I'm fortunate enough to post a buck kill this year.

I hope so, too. You'd be the first one I question for ethics, legality, and shooting young bucks! :)

I also agree with NWBuck. Post away snd ignore the negative idiots. You better believr I'll post a pic when I finally connect with a nice desert muley or Coues whitetail or elk and javelina!

I can only hope to get one that I could post, but if I do get one I probably won't post it. I enjoy reading all the post, but rarely post on here due to the negative comments that happen. I am already on the fence about taking a few years off due to too much frustration. Don't need to add any more fuel to that fire.

ATTENTION!!!!! NOTICE!!!!!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!!!!!!!

All Negative Nancies, Debbie Downers, Pouty Paulas, Whiney Wilmas, and anyone else who gets all butt-hurt over someone trying to share their hunting stories. If you see or read something that makes you want to put on your cape and become Super-Sleuth, just shoot the guy a P.M. and conduct your C.S.I out of the view of the cyber world. We just want to see pics and read stories about hunting, not filter through post after post of speculation and what-ifs! Not to mention all the negativity it generates and the stories we will all miss out on because of the paranoia that ensues. :way:

Last edited:
If you notice, its usually the same few losers here that are being negative. I think there is a way to block their comments so you can't see them. I will post mine in the pma forum if I get lucky this fall.

ATTENTION!!!!! NOTICE!!!!!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!!!!!!!

All Negative Nancies, Debbie Downers, Pouty Paulas, Whiney Wilmas, and anyone else who gets all butt-hurt over someone trying to share their hunting stories. If you see or read something that makes you want to put on your cape and become Super-Sleuth, just shoot the guy a P.M. and conduct your C.S.I out of the view of the cyber world. We just want to see pics and read stores about hunting, not filter through post after post of speculation and what-ifs! Not to mention all the negativity it generates and the stories we will all miss out on because of the paranoia that ensues. :way:

Bingo! If I didn't want to post a harvest photo/story I wouldn't still be on the site 10-plus years after joining. Period. I just hope I get that opportunity. Now, if everyone else would just cut the crap and get on with enjoying life things might be a little more enjoyable on here.

-Longspurs-

Well said Skully. Just have to sort through the riff raff, but overall still a very good site.

My vacation starts tomorrow. Timing should be good for S.E. Iowa and I'm pretty pumped. I'm always checking this forum for movement updates, trail cam photos and successful harvest photos. I really enjoy a lot of the posts. I have been lucky enough to harvest my fair share of big bucks in the past and I have posted a few of them on this site. But this year I don't know.... There is a lot of negativity in the air around here. It's pretty sad to see all the questions surrounding legality. Some people must have nothing better to do than pick apart someone's good fortune. Is it jealousy? Why can't someone just simply congratulate a fellow hunter and show a little mutual respect? I'd like to wish good luck to all my fellow hunters this season and stay safe out there! It's our favorite time of year let's all enjoy it!

Check out the PMA forums, members in the PMA have respect for their fellow hunters. :D

And some great harvest photos also.

OK, so if the general consensus is, "Yes, I'll post my pictures".
Then why are there so few pictures posted?
There are over 30,000 members of this forum, but the number of posted pictures dwindles year after year.
If that is the case then, wouldn't you have to say that the majority of the members don't want to post pics?
It's not just because of the backlash, accusations and be-littling.
People are scared to post harvest and trail cam pics because they don't want their hunting location revealed.

As a NR, there is no way in heck I will ever post a pic. Do I need to explain why?

There are over 30,000 members of this forum, but the number of posted pictures dwindles year after year.
If that is the case then, wouldn't you have to say that the majority of the members don't want to post pics?
People are scared to post harvest and trail cam pics because they don't want their hunting location revealed.

As a NR, there is no way in heck I will ever post a pic. Do I need to explain why?

Well, sounds like paranoia to me.

Ha! Oh my god this is good! You post a picture and somebody is going to steal your hunting spot? This is great! Thanks for making my day!

I agree with most posts on here- I get on this website almost everyday because I am a hunter, I enjoy hunting, and I enjoy hearing about others hunting. If someone has something negative to say about your deer with its size or anything else, don't sweat it. They are probably the same people that call into the PGA while watching it on TV and call out cheating that was missed. Those people need to get a life, loosen up and enjoy life in general. Just because it isn't a trophy to them or they would have passed that deer up, doesn't mean its not a trophy to that person who took it. They forget that a "trophy" isn't always antler size, but could have completely different meaning to that person and they need to realize their opinion really doesn't make the world turn round.

I will continue to post pictures on here as I hope you all do as well as I truly enjoy seeing and reading your hunting stories!

all you positive people = POST ON!!!!!!! all you negative Nancy's that think your bad opinion matters,.....PISS OFF!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ha! Oh my god this is good! You post a picture and somebody is going to steal your hunting spot? This is great! Thanks for making my day!
You're welcome.
Are you trying to tell us that this has never happened?
People who posted info or a picture of a deer (harvest or trail camera) and the next season their hunting spot was gone. Either by someone else coming in and leasing it or by someone moving in on the same chunk of land.

If you think that this does not happen, you are mistaken.

And your response is one of the prime examples of why people don't post pics here.

All you have are insults.

And no I, or anybody I hunt with will ever post harvest pics or trail cam pics on this website for the reasons I posted above. Why would we?
It's very obvious that I'm not the only one that feels this way. But it seems that I'm one of the few who will speak up about it.

This is simple math guys. There are 30,000 + members and counting on this website, and the amount of posted deer pictures continues to dwindle.

Why?

I agree with most posts on here- I get on this website almost everyday because I am a hunter, I enjoy hunting, and I enjoy hearing about others hunting. If someone has something negative to say about your deer with its size or anything else, don't sweat it. They are probably the same people that call into the PGA while watching it on TV and call out cheating that was missed. Those people need to get a life, loosen up and enjoy life in general. Just because it isn't a trophy to them or they would have passed that deer up, doesn't mean its not a trophy to that person who took it. They forget that a "trophy" isn't always antler size, but could have completely different meaning to that person and they need to realize their opinion really doesn't make the world turn round.

I will continue to post pictures on here as I hope you all do as well as I truly enjoy seeing and reading your hunting stories!

all you positive people = POST ON!!!!!!! all you negative Nancy's that think your bad opinion matters,.....PISS OFF!!!!!!!!

I Second this, great reply!!!!

You're welcome. Are you trying to tell us that this has never happened? People who posted info or a picture of a deer (harvest or trail camera) and the next season their hunting spot was gone. Either by someone else coming in and leasing it or by someone moving in on the same chunk of land. If you think that this does not happen, you are mistaken. And your response is one of the prime examples of why people don't post pics here. All you have are insults. And no I, or anybody I hunt with will ever post harvest pics or trail cam pics on this website for the reasons I posted above. Why would we? It's very obvious that I'm not the only one that feels this way. But it seems that I'm one of the few who will speak up about it. This is simple math guys. There are 30,000 + members and counting on this website, and the amount of posted deer pictures continues to dwindle. Why?
Who did I insult? You? If I did I apologize not my intention! I was just thanking you for making my day? Just some of the excuses for not posting pics on here are hilarious. Sorry I used you for example. Your trail cam pics and harvest photos will be missed! Good luck!

You're welcome.
Are you trying to tell us that this has never happened?
People who posted info or a picture of a deer (harvest or trail camera) and the next season their hunting spot was gone. Either by someone else coming in and leasing it or by someone moving in on the same chunk of land.

If you think that this does not happen, you are mistaken.

And your response is one of the prime examples of why people don't post pics here.

All you have are insults.

And no I, or anybody I hunt with will ever post harvest pics or trail cam pics on this website for the reasons I posted above. Why would we?
It's very obvious that I'm not the only one that feels this way. But it seems that I'm one of the few who will speak up about it.

This is simple math guys. There are 30,000 + members and counting on this website, and the amount of posted deer pictures continues to dwindle.

Why?

I guess the only thing i have to say about this is how is someone going to find out the exact property you are hunting by looking at a trail camera picture or a harvest picture,unless you post an aerial of your propety. just saying

Top Bottom