Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Winchester model 12

hillrunner

PMA Member
I was wondering if the winchester model 12 has any value. Someone once told me they were quite valuable. The reason I ask is I was at a farm sale today and watched one sell for about $200, and was wondering if I really messed up

Bring a Model 12 into a gun dealer sometime and watch there eyes light up
shocked.gif

I collect model 12's. There were so many made... I would have to know if it was a "Y Model" or earlier and what shape it is in. $200 for any Winchester model 12 in decent shape was a steal.

I happen to have one of the last 450 Pigeon Grade Winchester model 12's ever made at their custom shop that has never been fired.

The .410 model 12 was called a model 42 and these are also very collectable.

I have a grade one and grade five .410, a grade one and grade five 28 gauge, and a grade one and grade five 20 gauge all with the same serial number.
grin.gif

The model 12 was the pump shot gun of their times.

My dad has a model 12 in great condition, which is worth alot more money than what my mom paid for it for him back in the day. It is his trap gun, and trap gun only. It is a sweet shooting gun. His newest toy is a winchester model 42 410 which is in excellent condition, I am scared to even shoot that gun with how much that costs
grin.gif
Everytime I even hold that gun, he has the look of death on his face, a definite collectors item
beerchug.gif

The price on a model 12, like many others have said is very dependant on the condition but one thin you can look for is if the gun has a vent rib. The factory vent rib has rectangular vents in it and if it does have a vent rib it is worth a pile more that without.

i checked the blue book, and there are tons of model variations, so pinpointing a price, would be almost impossible with out seeing the gun

Top Bottom