Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Winchester Rack Master slugs

Looking to see if anyone has shot these out of a shotgun and how good they was?? I have an 870 sporting a rifled slug barrel I wanna run these through....

If you have rifled barrel I think you ought to use sabots. I'm not positive but I would think rifled slugs would interfere with the rifling of the barrel.

If you have rifled barrel I think you ought to use sabots. I'm not positive but I would think rifled slugs would interfere with the rifling of the barrel.

From my recent experience dialing in my boys slug gun that would be true.

If you have just a rifled choke tube you should be ok shooting rifled slugs. I have as buddy that has done that for years. But if you have a fully rifled barrel I would definitely stick with sabots.

Looking to see if anyone has shot these out of a shotgun and how good they was?? I have an 870 sporting a rifled slug barrel I wanna run these through....

Only way to find out for sure is to get some and shoot em.

I could go into a store, buy two 870's with rifled barrels, take them both to the range, shoot rack masters out of both.......... and one would pattern better than the other.

It can get expensive to find out what slug shoots best from your gun. :way:

If you shoot a lead slug out of a rifled barrel repeatedly you fill the rifling with lead. This is not a good thing.

Top Bottom