Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wind

dblmainbeam

dont you just love 40 mph winds on a sunday afternoon?
madgo_ron.gif

oh yea big time i was WAY scared to even limb up in my stand tonight

wind is gay, i just sat on the ground over a likely looking spot. i saw 2 hunters and a big fat doughnut hole for deer, gotta love public ground.
smile.gif

That wind meant business today! I went out into the standing corn and tried to stalk one. First time trying that, snuck up on two roosters but no deer.......yet. I'm gonna try and get at least one that way this year. Anyway it seems like a good thing to do when my tree stand starts feeling like a rocking chair.

Frank

Didn't bother me much. I had to try out my climber! I was about 13 foot in the air, and the tree I was on was about 20 inches around. So i was swaying back and forth a lot!
Still had fun though!
Good huntin

Jason

If you could direct them my way, I'd like to welcome those roosters to the Winterset area with a big smile and loaded 12 gauge come Nov.

How many of you, like me, have a couple of stands specifically for extremely windy days? I have built a couple in bottoms of ravines or back sides of steep slopes just for such occassions. At least a guy can get out in extreme wind conditions. Good Hunting!

Found a spot on the property that I just started hunting this year, a BIG valley, kind of in a big hook so the wind wasn't blowing down in it, and at the bottom was one of the largest over grown apple orchards that I have ever seen. You should see the sign down in there! Needless to say I was on the quad just looking at the land and happened into this valley, and did manage to chase 3 skin heads and an 8 pnt out of the apple orchard. Ways to go to get into is but a little easier with the quad. I have got to get me one of them cam trackers and get it in that valley. I guessing a good all day spot or windy day spot.

I'd agree,
Wind is a big pain in the a$$. But then again I've seen some large deer on windy days. I think the easiest way to manage wind is to stay away from sidehills and low areas because the wind swirls. If you have a stand that favors the wind, great. Speaking of wind, I was messing around shooting hay bails @80yds last weekend and I was surprised on how little the wind effected the shot... Go figure.

BT

BT

Wind worked out for me sunday, I started out in a treestand on public ground but seen all the deer were going the other way towards a food plot.So right before dark i snuck into the foodplot and got to with in 15 yrds of a decent doe.Shes in the freezer now
smile.gif
I love getting a deer on the ground with a bow, it gotta be the best feeling in the world.Now I need one more doe and a P&Y size buck to wander by
wink.gif

Top Bottom