Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wind

GOLDTIP

Life Member
Have the day off, I know it's suppose to be windy as hell. Anyone have any luck in this crap??? Any thoughts, tips or tricks??

Find a valley out of the wind or possibly still hunt. Leaves will be wet and wind should mask some noise. Just depends if you have an area that suits well for either.

Depending on the amount of ground you have available it would be a fun day for a spot and stalk on a buck/doe combo out in the middle of a cornfield. Otherwise, try to get on the downwind side of a timber.

Go duck hunting. You couldn't pay me enough to be in a stand tomorrow. Had a tree fall tonight.

I wouldn't be out doing that either, if had to go through timber to get where I want to be. There are going to be a lot of trees coming down between tonight and tomorrow. Being out on a boat would be a crazy move also.

I would go ground pound an area that has little to no larger trees and was a bedding area. Or just wait till the wind starts dying down then go jump in a tree.

I'm out today with a doe tag with no plans on using it. I'm with Bro and nephew just observing. We are tucked in the thick stuff the wind isn't bad at all here. I've hunted lots worse but no deer sighing yet.

Just got out at noon. Sitting near se cor of big timber. The wind up top seems to be cooking but I'm fine here. 3 die and a forky came through half hr in.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Hate to say it but so far this sit has had my best action. Shooter at 30yds just went through no shot and wouldn't turn for grunt/snort wheeze. Had many young ones come through and I'm only 3 hrs in.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom