Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Windex anyone?

Just a quick question concerning cleaning muzzleloaders...

I have read and heard from others that Windex is often used to clean in-line muzzleloaders. I'm asuming it has something to do with the amonia in the formula to break down powder/Pyrodex residue. Has anyone used this, and if so, does it do a good job? I've always used hot soapy water and later a light coat of oil when the barrel dries. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone concerning the pros/cons.

Thanks for any imput.

MO

Hey Mo... I don't know if Windex will clean your barrel or not, but I bet you can see right through it when you are done.
laugh.gif

If you don't believe me, point the barrel at a light and look through one end!
grin.gif

Seriously, I am curious to see if this works or not too, good question.

nothing works better for getting the residue out than PEROXIDE.......... pour about an inch or inch and 1/12 in the barrel, let it set for a minute or 2, wipe barreal out with dry rag, repeat steps 1 and 2 again and then wipe with oily rag. leaves barrel looking brand new!!!

when cleaning the smoke pole i just use this stuff in a yellow plastic bottle. #10 cleaner or something. windex? i use that on the windows and to clean the blood off my buck before pictures, never thought to try it on my guns.

I have used Windex before for cleaning rifles that I shoot old mil-surplus ammo that has the corrosive primer.

I have also used the old soap and water method.

Both work fine.

Top Bottom