Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Windpro

Reit38

Decided to give Wind Pro a try this year I have sprayed a little into an active scrape and also a little on my boot to act as a drag line I have now witnessed several Deere crossing my trail that I walked on and then immediately applying the brakes and going on alert thinking they were smelling myself somehow I kind of brushed it off but today witnessed a small buck do the same thing in that scrape has anyone else had this issue

I've not used it as a drag type scent. I've only applied it to licking branches. From what I've seen they've really took an interest in it and worked the scrape and branch really well.

Haven't used it as a cover scent as I try to be completely scent free on my foot trails.
However have used it on scrapes with great results

I honestly don’t know why but pry last decade- I never have deer smell my tracks and get alerted. Occasionally they smell em but can’t remember last time it bothered em. Maybe cause lower pressured land? When I was younger it was a problem. Dunno what changed though.

I honestly don’t know why but pry last decade- I never have deer smell my tracks and get alerted. Occasionally they smell em but can’t remember last time it bothered em. Maybe cause lower pressured land? When I was younger it was a problem. Dunno what changed though.
I️ haven’t had any issues the past few years either. I️ wear clean rubber boots and wipe Deer Herd on them. Deer constantly cut my track and never flinch.

I have had 2 times in the past where I spayed scent away fresh earth on my boots and had young bucks track me all the way to my stand and lick the ladder. I have also watched coons and coyotes cut my track and spook and deer pay no mind.

Used it in some of my scrapes, at first they TORE it up. Like dig holes down tore it up. Last week it seems like they are pretty much left alone ? Maybe I need to reup it ? Im guessing this is to more chasing than anything but not sure. They really need to work on the container though, stuff gets all over your hands about throw up when you go take a bite of your sandwhich.

Used it in some of my scrapes, at first they TORE it up. Like dig holes down tore it up. Last week it seems like they are pretty much left alone ? Maybe I need to reup it ? Im guessing this is to more chasing than anything but not sure. They really need to work on the container though, stuff gets all over your hands about throw up when you go take a bite of your sandwhich.
The scrapes always die off this time of year. They start hitting them again in a couple weeks.
I bought some wind pro this year to try. I personally can’t tell if it helped with the scrapes or not. I got just as many pics leading up to the rut in years past.
I’m not much on using scents they stink and get all over the place plus on food.
Many times I’ve had enough of them and toss them over my shoulder:D

As far as a cover scent from my last three decades of using them some of the time is.
1. When deer are up wind they work 100% of the time and I never get busted
2. If deer are down wind and in my scent steam 95% of the time they fail.

Last edited:
As far as a cover scent from my last three decades of using them some of the time is.
1. When deer are up wind they work 100% of the time and I never get busted
2. If deer are down wind and in my scent steam 95% of the time they fail.

I'm no expert, so anyone who knows better, feel free to correct me.
My understanding is the reason cover scents don't work is that deer can process 7 different smells at the same time, much the same we differentiate and process multiple colors with our eyes. A cover scent won't hide an odor, it will only add one.
Best way to remain stealthy is neutralizing human odor. A deer can tell how close you are by the number of odor molecules in the air. By neutralizing you are reducing the molecule count, thus reducing the "danger" level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom