Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wireless trailcams

bwana0303

Does anyone have some insight into a reliable wireless cam. I do a lot of work overseas, and really trying to decide which cameras to purchase. I won't have time to do a bunch of scouting this year and would like to see what the farm has when I am deployed. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using IW

I know a couple people using the wireless camera by Covert. Have not heard anything bad from them yet, if you can get cell phone coverage you should be able to get connected. I think you by a $9.99 a month SIM card to send the photos to your phone and/or email. I have always wanted one!

www.trailcamtrophies.com

From what I read, you need to make sure to get a 4g capable one because at&t and other networks that you currently would use will be converting over in I believe 2015 therefore they claim the older 3G cameras won't work. Just another item to research.

Thanks guys. Never seems simple, always a hidden cost. Does anyone have an average yearly cost of running the covert ops?

Sent from my iPad using IW

I think the problem occurs with how big of a data package you need. My cameras typically have 250-750 triggers per week. You might be better off having a family member or friend just upload or email to you.

I run several of the Coverts. They work great for me and the new ones get way better signal. I can use this years cameras in places last years model wouldnt work at all. Cost is $10 a month but you can just do that a few month a year if you want. No start up, shut down or constant monthly fees, only the $9.99 a month for the months you want to use it to send you pictures. Works great as a regular trail cam also so you dont always have to pay. I'm addicted to them, they even send you a text to let you know the batteries are getting low!

I have last years Coverts, so far I have been using them for security. They work great and have busted treaspassers at remote listings saving further vandalism. I think they could be an awsome tool during the rut. Instant info on action in an area. a little extra edge.

I run several of the Coverts. They work great for me and the new ones get way better signal. I can use this years cameras in places last years model wouldnt work at all. Cost is $10 a month but you can just do that a few month a year if you want. No start up, shut down or constant monthly fees, only the $9.99 a month for the months you want to use it to send you pictures. Works great as a regular trail cam also so you dont always have to pay. I'm addicted to them, they even send you a text to let you know the batteries are getting low!

Do you sell them Boyd???

How do you get monthly coverage for $9.99/month? I've always got the unlimited text plan from AT&T and its always cost $19.99/month.

What service providers is everyone using. I called us cellular today and they didn't have a clue. My town also has Verizon.

Thanks gunrunr. I will look to see where I can get a fair deal on several covert ops cameras. Just got back from overseas so now it is time to get the cameras out in the farm.

Top Bottom