Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Woody21's Buck

G

Wow, just got this in, nice buck!

"I thought I might share a couple of photos of my 2002 bow kill.I do truly enjoy this site. One of the best around."

"Keep up the good work!
good luck to all and god bless.
wish me luck, still have buck tags for shotgun and late muzzle loader
season."

Woody21

randy4.jpg

I have a real soft spot for clean typicals, especially those larger than 10 points. That is an awesome buck and a rare specimen. Man I'm really jealous of that one. Got a score?

AWESOME BUCK...NICE 12 PT.WONDER WHAT HE'LL SCORE .GOT A STORY TO GO WITH THAT BUCK.CONGRATS MAN...............
beerchug.gif

Muddy, thanks for the kind words!. Thanks for my new 1/2 dozen arrows I bought at Corral Ridge Scheels!
smile.gif
Congrats to you on a great Iowa buck as well!
beerchug.gif

Cornfed, Thanks! what a thrill! I love your bruser buck! I also respect and admire your choice of weapons
smile.gif
You got skills .
Deano, Thanks, you know there is a story, but you have no idea how bad a typist I am. Bare with me?!
I was hunting with my best friends Brother on our farm, for a " grand-slam" weekend. Rambo called me from one of my tree stands at 7:30 am to bring more arrows
shocked.gif
anyway, long story we had tags for anything, we even took taps to try and helpout our turkeys. By 7am he had a doe, yote, missed a coon and videoed a 120" sniffing the arrow that just passed through a yote . Sorry im draging. That evening was awesome but no shooters. next morning thought I was on a spring turkey hunt. Clucking, Yelping, gobbling and purring, WoW. I got busted trying to draw on a turkey when a doe came out and ran across the rr right-away . Right away I noticed a buck right behind her. He paused for about 3 seconds, I was looking straight on.I thought maybe 17" wide, not freakin yet. I drew any way just trying to sort it out. he made it through my first (20 yards)of 2 shots before I could do anything. So I went to where he was going and got locked in. I then went back to try and examine the headgear. It was pretty thick but I was liking what I saw. About 3 steps from my last shot oppertunity, I thought I saw 6? on his right antler. He went over the down fence right wher the doe had, I mouth bleated 4 times before he finally stopped. 45dg qtr. away. Everything felt good, looked good. It has only been 20 seconds from the time I first saw him.. I forgot all about the turkeys still in the trees and when I stood up the timber came alive! thank god for safety belts. I wanted out of the tree right now! I waited 45 min. you know the roller coster of emotions ....good shot......saw alot of arrow?..........he looked hurt..........i think I heard a crash..........that was further than i like to shoot.....I practice further shots, that is in your range..etc. After some does working their way back to bed and the way they reacted on the trail of my buck I knew that there was blood on the ground. I'll try and be short but I had fun with my buddy Rambo. he was ready to go check our traps and telling me of the buck he videoed that morn. when I told him I had a blood trail to rival his yote trail from the day before. He told me he didn't see any bloody arrows in my quiver, "Hey youre missing an arrow" Who keeps track of their buddies arrows? "where is it?" "did you shoot that 11 pointer?".......... Maybe? Im getting carried away here "sorry" I let him pick up the blood trail and follow it. He made me promise I didn't look over the last little rise he went over.......................He was only 15 yards from the trail I walked out on!
smile.gif
There was some weird faces, some hugs and some chin nuggies
beerchug.gif
what a Great weekend! The shot entered between the 3d and 4th rid and burried in the opposite shoulder. (broken arrow, well worth it!) Wish you all could of been there!.. Good luck! remember good things happen to good people! I think that this web page is full of Good people.
Thanks Buckhunter,Iowa1,Jaybee,PT42-Stroke-stroke(Jeff, my best friend and hunterpartner),Yukonbill,split-toe(Josh)Josh wanna trade for your gun kill?......NAH!
beerchug.gif

-

bring a pic of that brute in, we'll put it up on the brag board! right under mind of course.
wink.gif

That's one great looking buck Woody...they don't come much nicer than him. Sounds like you made a great shot, too. Congrats!!!

I figured i better chime in too. All I have to say is
grin.gif
way to go bro I can't tell you how happy i am for you and your greatest white tail to date. Year after year you prove to me that you deffinately have what it takes to bring home the big boys.

Remember that idea we had about getting our mounts together and taking some photos.... forget it I'd feel to embarassed to put my two next to all of yours and now this one.

no really, just kiddin I say lets do it should make for some good pics.
Still have to go out and fill my state tag as you know, wish me luck. and congrats again on a true iowa brute.

Good luck shot gun season
smokin.gif

Top Bottom