Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Work Boots

2bowhunt

Ok, I'm in the market for new work boots and want your recommendations on what brand I should buy.

I wear them daily so I am looking for something comfortable, lightweight, and durable with good customer service.

Let me know what you guys put on your feet.

Thanks!

Do they need to be steel toed? I prefer Georgias for comfort. I work alot on concrete and off of ladders and they keep my feet comfortable, dry, and warm/cold when needed.

Slip on or lace up? I go through boots like nobodys business and I've tried them all. Best boot that nobodys ever heard of are McCrea Industrial.
They are made by dan post post, who makes a legit pair of cowboy boots.
Check out dan post and there is a link to the McCrea industrial boots. They also make all the john deere brand boots.
I've been through eveything from Wal-Mart boots to the most expensive danner logger boots and these boots have held up and lasted the longest of anything.
They are very reasonably priced I payed 64.00 for the pair on my feet and they are every bit as well made as my 330 dollar danners that lasted me 5 months. I'm almost 8 months into these boots. 50 hrs a week on concrete, mud, hills and water. Plus I pretty much wear them all weekend.
I'm wearing the 11" steel toe slip on.

I had to buy two new pairs of steel toes for work here in the last year. The first pair was a $200 pair of redwings. Felt good in the store. Been wearing them a year and hate them. Flat out uncomfortable to me. The next pair I bought at the same time was a pair of georgia boots for about $150. Man what a difference. I feel like I am wearing tennis shoes with these. Not a fan of redwings.

Very few people have heard of Duluth trading company. They have an online store and one store location in Wisconsin. I tell everyone about them that I can. They sell lots of work clothes and various other things. Good stuff too! But here's the best part, EVERYTHING they sell is lifetime guarantee! Seriously. My brother has gone through a few pairs of boots and work gloves. They get a hole or something, send them back and they will send you a brand new pair! I had a pair of jeans that got a hole, sent them back and they didn't have my size in stock so they sent me a check for the purchase price instead. Can't beat it and I have no idea how they stay in business, but they are definitely worth checking out. My brother and sister and law were at the store awhile back and a guy walked in with a ripped up pair of their jeans on. He grabbed a new pair off the rack went to the dressing room, put the new pair on and on his way out gave them back the old pair he wore in! No questions asked.

Thanks guys...looking for lace up and they don't need to be safety toe. Anybody wearing Danner? Still love my old Pronghorns.

Keep them coming!

I have a pair of 600 gram insulated danners that have been going strong for all my winter outdoor welding and gun seasons if there isn't a foot of snow on the ground for 4 years but I have trashed 3 pairs of un insulated danner quarry.
Danner did replace them twice but after the 3rd pair I threw them in the garbage.

I have been a loyal danner fan for many years due to how well they have held up to anything I threw at them. On the downside the last pair I bought have held up miserably, eyelets pulling out and stitching coming loose after a short time and these are my "uniform boots" that are well taken care of. I will think long and hard before I drop hard earned money on another pair as it appears their quality has gone downhill over the years.

I work in a machine shop, have since I was a senior in High School in 1995, and between home and work have tried countless brands of work boots for both work and home. I was just turned on to a pair of Puma work boots 2 years ago. I wore out countless Redwing, Danner and Carolina's as well as cheap ones from Farm and Fleet and Walmart. I have 2 pairs of daily wearing Puma's now. One pair I wear to work and a pair I wear around the yard to going out and hanging stands and anything in between. Both pairs have held up great and are still in excellent condition both the sole and the upper. They are lace up with a composite toe so they are both light and safe. These feel as close to a tennis shoe for comfort as any work boot I have ever had. Below is a link to a website showing some of their boots, and links to the 2 models I have. Both pairs have proven to have good water resistant qualities as well.

http://workingperson.com/brands/puma-safety-shoes.html

http://workingperson.com/puma-shoes-mens-composite-toe-scuff-cap-shoe-63-051-5.html

http://workingperson.com/puma-shoes-mens-composite-toe-scuff-cap-shoe-63-022-5.html

I bought them at a local safety shoe place for about $15.00 less than on this site.

Last edited:
I love my White's Smokejumpers. Any boot that White's or their affiliate, Hathorn, are great boots. I still have my good Danners and recently got a new pair, but my Whites are hands down the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. They've been through 6 fire seasons so far and I haven't had to send them back to get resoled or repaired yet. Probably will this coming winter. Outside of fire season, I wear my Whites for all of my hiking and hunting unless I need something insulated. They are pricey (Hathorn's are cheaper), but you can't beat the fit and quality, IMO.

Been working construction for 17 years and I have tried em all as well. Personally I like either carhartt or lacrosse for lace ups

I've had many Redwings, and they hold up really well. However, they are by far and away the most uncomfortable boots I've had. Especially if you spend a lot of time on cement, standing, working, etc... I went to wolverine boots with the soft soles, and they were very comfortable, but the sole fell apart very quickly. Then I went to Danners, and they were really lightweight and comfortable as well, but the tread sure didn't seem to last very long.

Most recent pair are the new Keen work boots. They are steel toe, and very waterproof. I work in a canned petfood factory, and let me tell you, it's wet! My feet stay dry due to the goretex lining or whatever they put in there, and they are very light. Feel like tennis shoes, and I find myself wanting to wear them wherever I go because they are so comfortable. In the last month, I know of at least 5 people that have switched to them and really like them. The tread seems to be holding up pretty well too.

Most recent pair are the new Keen work boots. They are steel toe, and very waterproof. In the last month, I know of at least 5 people that have switched to them and really like them. The tread seems to be holding up pretty well too.

Allot of guys in our shop have gone to the Keen as well. Although the waterproof is not needed for us they have all said the comfort is great.

I did like the the danners better than redwings. But the last time I went into pick up my danners at the local shop, they were different. I said that these weren't the same as my last pair. The clerk told me they made changes. One was no heel loop to help pull on, another was the eyelets. They didn't have a problem charging me $10 more a pair either. I am personally making the move to Georgia boots. For half the price I can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom