Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Work Boots..

oBIGBUCKDOWNo

Starting my new excavating job on Monday.. What is a good safety toe boot (steel or composite) for someone who's going to be on there feet all day??

Any Help Appreciated

I'm on my feet 50 hrs a week. Mud, rocks, sand, concrete, you name it. I've tried almost everything from walmart to high end danner loggers.
Mccrea industrial makes a solid pair of boots, and they are relatively cheap. They are made by dan post, who makes a legit pair of cowboy boots.
I wear slip on boots but I know they also make lace up boots.
If I was in a pinch and needed boots asap I would buy a pair of Georgia's.

Im on concrete 45-50hrs/wk crawling under semis and trailers.. the best ones ive found that have held up so far with the way I use them are Worx which are made by Red Wing I believe. The toe of the boots takes the biggest beating so I use the glue-on toe protectors also and I can get about 1.5yrs out of a pair

Welding, torching, plasma, mud,water. I've never gotten more than 6 months out of a pair of boots in the last 5 years. Ill be.following this one. I'm always looking for boots that are made to last. I've tried epoxy over all exposed threads and nothing seems to help. I'm on my second pair of mcrea boots. The first pair went just over 8 months.

I work construction and got a pretty decent life out of a pair of Keen boots I bought. They were insulated and mainly worn in the winter but kept my feet dry thru 2 seasons

Georgia boots from theisens are the most comfortable boots ive ever worn..feel like danner pronghorns. They have held up well..constantly wet in rendering plants. They get harsh chemicals on them.from time to time. My red winga have held up to but definitely not as comfortable.

Although not a safety toe boot, I will say my standard issue military boots have held up to more abuse than anything ive ever used. I was issued them in March of 2006 and still wear them.. other than a worn down sole, there are no rips or undone stitching. They have went through a lot of training, ruck marches, desert, even wore them for combat water survival in the red sea salt water off of the sinai peninsula for several months. They are a tough boot.

14 years on concrete and Doc Martins gets :way: :way: from me. The rubber soles provide a great cushion. They also hold up really good. But be careful on ice! They are horribly slippery. Also Keen makes a great light weight boot if you can call it that (more of a shoe). Wear these in summer.

I vote on Red Wings. I have those and Cat boots and I had to wear two pairs of socks with the Cats because they were so uncomfortable

i wear keen steel toed shoes, not the boots. most comfortable steel toes i've ever had. maybe the most comfortable shoes period

Top Bottom