Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Worthless so called hunters.

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

So I hunted public land Saturday and on the way out a guy says any luck I said no. He says do you have a stand in there because I do but it's at the right side about 300 yards from mine. I said yeah he goes you going to be here Sunday I said no.... Well here it is Wednesday and I walk in to find my seat cut off the support bar for my ladder missing and the straps to my stand cut. Needless to say that is no hunter, he is a worthless coward. Everyone has the right to put a stand anywhere they want on public ground. What a way to start the day. Just heading back home and will come out later to retrieve my stand and hopefully I can get a new bar and seat.

Sorry to hear. There is so much trash out there anymore. Would like to catch one and beat his ass. I lost a stand a few years back on some property that had hunted for 30 years and never had one problem till then.

That sucks man! Guys like that give us all a bad name. That's exactly why I hang and hunt every hunt on public. Too many shady characters who will either sit your set with the wrong wind or outright steal it. Sucks man!

Sad to say it but you can't trust many people these days. I was out moving a stand the other day and came by a gut pile. Which is no big deal I know other people hunt this spot but the pile of beer cans and trash around it was what disgusted me! People have no respect.

I have learned to never reveal any information to any one even friends. Sad that its has to be this way but I trust no one when it comes to deer hunting.

I know who the guy is I will just have to look out for his truck grab the plate and contact dnr. It's a Red Ford crew cab truck with black rims. He cut the conversation short and says oh I have to go get my brother. Karma is bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called to order replacement parts.... I will just be selling the rest of the stand. 50$ for the support bar and clips is outrageous considering I got the stand from scheels for 99.99.....

Was this in Shagbark or Oak Ridge? I've stopped deer hunting Shagbark. Last time I was there, a van w/ 2 dudes in normal clothes were headed into the woods w/ out guns or bows. No shrooms that time of year...I figured they were up to no good so I pulled my stand.

This is the way I do it. I got some tree stands that are extremely heavy.(between the angle iron, and the thick steal holding the stand together.) So they would have to be extremely ambitious. With a lot of skill to destroy or take them down or steal them. If they want them that bad, I guess they can have them. I can afford the 100.00 dollars for another stand.

That's the way I look at it.

That sucks, I hunt public land quite frequently- I have had the same stuff happen to me- so I sat in parking lot for 3 days straight and talked to every hunter that parked there- I also always stick my business card on the outside of my windows of my truck each time I go in so if anyone shows up they can message- I have resorted to ground hunting on state property- harder to hunt and play the wind but it works and I still see the ones I'm after. Sorry so many feel the need to do malicious stuff like this. Both of my stands were taken. Side note; I invested in wifi trail cams that I place higher on an opposite tree angled down so I get photos of anyone messing with my stands.

That sucks, I hunt public land quite frequently- I have had the same stuff happen to me- so I sat in parking lot for 3 days straight and talked to every hunter that parked there- I also always stick my business card on the outside of my windows of my truck each time I go in so if anyone shows up they can message- I have resorted to ground hunting on state property- harder to hunt and play the wind but it works and I still see the ones I'm after. Sorry so many feel the need to do malicious stuff like this. Both of my stands were taken. Side note; I invested in wifi trail cams that I place higher on an opposite tree angled down so I get photos of anyone messing with my stands.
I use the trail cams on private land not public- heck is loose them too!

Just called to order replacement parts.... I will just be selling the rest of the stand. 50$ for the support bar and clips is outrageous considering I got the stand from scheels for 99.99.....

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I have had it happen on my own private ground before It is a bad deal.

I have made support bars out of 1/2" conduit and rachet straps are $10. You can fix it for under $20 with parts from Menards. Just get you a little Redneck ingenuity on.

Top Bottom