Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

would like an opinion

Sticks

PMA Member
so i got permission on a new prop recently and i havent seen it yet but have an aerial photo and also a topo map of the place. the landowner kinda pointed out some things to me. i have a few points of interest, but i like hearing opinons from fellow hunters. take a look at these images. it looks like a good place let me know what you guys think thanks for any help.

basically the prop. is outlined in yellow and the red line is the gravel road. the 3 red X's are the places i can park at. the blue is a pond. the area outlined in black is crop and will be corn this year. to the south of the prop is a huge piece of timber. this prop is just shy of 200 acres.

Image Hosting

now the topo. prop outlined in black, everything else the same. to the north of the pond is a fairly good ravine and also to the east of the pond another nice ravine.

Image Hosting

all opinions and advice are appreciated

Last edited:
Well certainly the pond and where the ravines flatten out into crop ground are places that would interest me.

and particularly the finger of woods coming out into the field from the SE.

It looks from the topo like there's enough of a high spot in the field to hide most of the timber edge from the road a bit which is nice.

Here are the things that I see right off the bat.

The two ravines straight to the east On the neighbors property, and the big finger in the SE corner like previously mentioned. Assuming the deer are using them to stay IN the cover as long as possible they are going to pop out near the fence. However, I think a stand placed across the crop field from where they are coming on to the property may serve you better.

Next the neck on the neighbors property running north. Assuming the deer arent "hanging" on the property assume they are doing 1 of two things. Coming from the finger to go north through that neck or comeing from the east to go north.

Now why are the deer going north? Yea I dont know; just sounds good.

Top Bottom