Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Would you pass or shoot?

I would do both. My first shot the arrow would pass under him, the next shot would pass over him and I would pass an arrow behind him as he walked away. :D

No way anyone would pass that buck.We have a young Giant buck running around. Maybe even the largest buck I have ever seen. We know he is only 4.5 and we would love to let him walk, but there are too many other hunters in the area that won't think twice if they have the chance. That being said if he is as big as he looks on camera there is no way I will let him walk.

Hell I passed a 140s 8 Sunday evening just because it was my first sit of the season and I was regretting that 30 seconds after he walked off. The only kind of people that say they would pass on a WORLD RECORD buck are liars.

Had a guy tell me yesterday he passed a 180s 13 pointer at 15 yards. Said he needed a good breeder buck on the farm :)
Nobody would pass the Hanson buck.

The real question is if the Hanson buck and lovstuen buck were standing side by side, which one would you shoot? Hanson buck for me, love big typicals.

Had a guy tell me yesterday he passed a 180s 13 pointer at 15 yards. Said he needed a good breeder buck on the farm :)
Nobody would pass the Hanson buck.

The real question is if the Hanson buck and lovstuen buck were standing side by side, which one would you shoot? Hanson buck for me, love big typicals.

He will never see what that breeder buck could produce. Heck, his offspring may end up on my place in MO :D

Would I pass? Given a big enough area and all us neighbors were on board with passing him because he was 3.5 I sure would. I feel its more for the hunters glory to take a young deer just because the antlers on his head. I'd like to see them in THEIR full glory at maturity personally. See what they can really achieve. If that means too many kickers later on and missing the record, so be it.

With that being said, biggest (guess) I have passed was a 160" that was tops 3 years old. Shot the 153" mature buck that was running right in front of him, both on the same doe. A 200" comes out, maybe I would lose it and shoot him if he was 2.5.

Fellas there are circumstances to pass this buck...

Now they aren't likely, but if a top 5 all-time non-typical like "The Hole in the Horn buck", Mossy Horns, Beatty Buck or any 270" plus non-typical was following the Hanson buck. I'll wait for the non-typical....

But I like mass and non-Typicals better....

Not a likely scenario though....

Fellas there are circumstances to pass this buck...

Now they aren't likely, but if a top 5 all-time non-typical like "The Hole in the Horn buck", Mossy Horns, Beatty Buck or any 270" plus non-typical was following the Hanson buck. I'll wait for the non-typical....

But I like mass and non-Typicals better....

Not a likely scenario though....

A few of you are wearing my arms out.

84443784-61DF-4C3F-BBAB-9BB2DFB38C1C_zpsikgh4ijf.jpg

This thread is comical! There is only a couple reasons anyone wouldn't kill him: they are shaking so damn bad they miss or they are too busy sh!tting there pants at how big he is.

Come on guys. A WORLD CLASS WHITETAIL. nobody will pass up a world record typical

I would shoot this buck if it came out the mother this big and was hours old (sorry for that doe!)

this whole thread is a lot like the talks we all have on what we would do with our lottery winnings- NEITHER are going to happen

Everyone will enjoy their 125-170 class deer (few exceptions) this year and dream of both the 200"+ and the lottery winnings I am about to win

your nuts if you would pass this buck, no matter any realistic situation given a clear shot on a deer like this, ANYONE would let the arrow fly... id be sick for the rest of my life if i took a shot and missed, or wounded this GIANT.

sounds like many may have a lifetime case of buck fever?:D granted ive never had the opportunity to let an arrow go or pull the trigger on a true giant, but i have taken my share of good bucks... two that many guys nerves would be tested. i fortunatly never have and prob never will have buck fever. The way i say it time and time again to anyone i know that has buck fever or talkes about it:

"DO NOT celebrate the TD before you get into the endzone.... DO NOT run the bases before you HIT the ball... and DO NOT get overly excited before you make the shot! The arrow/bullet has to do its part, and your the one that has to put it there. STAY FOCUSED"

I along with everyone else would kill him. And I'm not worried about buck fever preshot, but after I released the arrow I'd would go bonkers for sure. Stan Potts x1000.

TH - I'm sure you have a very special deer your after, but we are talking about the world record typical buck. Are you positive you would pass a WR deer?

I'd pass, if both were in front of me and I had one tag mine would be on the ground.

I would do the following:

1: shoot
2: thank god a million times
3: breathe
4: get rid of my land line phone and change my cell number
5: get a heck of an insurance policy on the rack
6: never disclose where I shot him to prevent a million guides from leasing up the area

I think it may have been a Field and Stream article but I recall Milo's wife threatening to break the rack numerous times with a hammer due to all the people calling and trying to see the rack after he shot it. I also recall that they had to get a seperate line and/or have the kids call at a designated time because the phone was ringing so much and the kids could never get through. I guess a deer like that comes with some baggage but I'd figure that out after he's down and hidden.

Still no question on if I'd pass or shoot. Although that would make a lot of knife handles

Top Bottom