Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Would you Rather

Tag soup gets old. I may try to make tag fajitas or maybe throw it on some mashed taters for tag a-la-king! Really though. I am with StickersNKickers on this. You have to ask yourself what you are really after. In years past, I've played the game all season with mature deer only to shoot lesser bucks on the last day of the season. A few times I was OK with it, because I got my meat, but generally I wish I would have let it go unfilled. Up to you.

I would eat a tag sammich, but that doesn't mean you have to. The way I judge them basically is after I get a good look at them with the binos(both headgear and body size) if I reach for the bow its a mature deer that I would be tickled to take. If I reach for my phone to take pics and video it doesn't get me amped up enough. The mature bucks that I have seen this year have all made me grab my bow instantly, and the 3.5's I'm always reaching for the camera and trying to get some good footage.

Eat the tag, which is exactly what I've done the past two years and several other years ... to each his own though.

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom