Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WOW, I carry too much stuff with me.

Fanny pack with essentials only. Then LW and 4 sticks. Everything else can stay at home. Like Sunday morning I get out and couldn't find a tree for the life of me. Started getting light and then noticed I forgot my F'N bow. Needless to say I was a tad frustrated and went back to the truck. Drove down the road a mile and went trout fishing instead. I've been filming for buddies and haven't had to carry my bow all year. Dum#@$$.:thrwrck:
You can come and help me shoot some does. :way:

Muddy,

Are you just using the straps on the stand for the sticks and then using the pack straps to tie down the jacket to everything?

Thank you for the pictures. :way:

No problem. I use Kwik Straps now to keep the sticks all together and then wrap them in my coat and use the pack straps to keep them tight to the pack. I carry my stand by hand now.

Ya'll are crazy. I would rather bust my ass in the spring and hang 20 sets in the right spots, with shooting lanes trimmed, than try to walk in in the morning and hang and hunt. I would sweat like a whore in church if I did that, and than be miserable the rest of the day. I know you guys save a ton of money by only needing a couple stands and sets of sticks, but that is crazy to me :grin: I always keep a couple stands and sets of sticks aside if I need to be "mobile" on a new found biggin, but for the most part I know I'm in proven spots come fall. Damn, you guys must look like pack mules going into the woods in the morning! :grin:

I hear that but the problem with hunting a lot of public land is that a stand and sticks tend to grow feet. Also, those are red flags to tip off other hunters where you're hunting. Staying mobile sorta sucks when you're hangning and taking down the set every time but it leaves less tracks..

Fanny pack with essentials only. Then LW and 4 sticks. Everything else can stay at home. Like Sunday morning I get out and couldn't find a tree for the life of me. Started getting light and then noticed I forgot my F'N bow. Needless to say I was a tad frustrated and went back to the truck. Drove down the road a mile and went trout fishing instead. I've been filming for buddies and haven't had to carry my bow all year. Dum#@$$.:thrwrck:

O MY GOD :eek: I laughed hard at this one! I bet the air was blue around that area for awhile! :D

Thanks Cooter and Muddy for the details.

Justin just let me know your schedule.

Dedgeez I agree with you completely. Only problem
is every year I plan on doing this and I have someone calling me to do
some more work for them.

Usually making more money to pay for my land wins everytime.

Here is how I do do it.
982-1_989559.jpg

982-3_675676.jpg

982-2_913589.jpg

Typically my bibs, coat, and rattling horns are laying on top of the stand and the straps go across them so it is all attached.

Liv,

I have recently used this same setup, works like a charm. I actually put the horns, climbing harness, grunt tubes, scent spray and range finder inside the 2200 pockets. The coat and anything else soft goes on the outside to keep any potential noise of the stand sticks at bay, but this setup is by far the best I have found for the stand and sticks.

Kratz

I just love how LIV put the dumb bells in the picture to make it appear that he works out. Nice door stops buddy, you're not fooling anyone!

Seriously though, that looks way handier than how I do it, might try it, only problem is I have 5 sticks now.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom